The Student Room Group

It's the end of the line, I am likely going to fail all four of my modules

I have posted before, I was the guy who was having difficulty with the computer science course I am doing. I'm in my first year, which is so embarrassing and I feel literally disgusted with myself, I can't even look at myself in a mirror without feeling nauseated.

I have neurological problems as well as mental health problems, so my concentration and cognitive functioning is often hugely affected. I just haven't had the health nor the ability to do this course.

Well, it turns out that I'm actually struggling more than ever before. All four modules I have no idea what I'm doing, plus I have exams coming up very soon. I fear that I am finished, there is no chance of any recourse, redemption or otherwise.

One of the modules is not eligible for resits, so fail that module? You fail the year, it's as simple as that.

I am ready to walk out of my apartment forever and never come back. University was the biggest mistake of my life.
Original post by Anonymous
I have posted before, I was the guy who was having difficulty with the computer science course I am doing. I'm in my first year, which is so embarrassing and I feel literally disgusted with myself, I can't even look at myself in a mirror without feeling nauseated.

I have neurological problems as well as mental health problems, so my concentration and cognitive functioning is often hugely affected. I just haven't had the health nor the ability to do this course.

Well, it turns out that I'm actually struggling more than ever before. All four modules I have no idea what I'm doing, plus I have exams coming up very soon. I fear that I am finished, there is no chance of any recourse, redemption or otherwise.

One of the modules is not eligible for resits, so fail that module? You fail the year, it's as simple as that.

I am ready to walk out of my apartment forever and never come back. University was the biggest mistake of my life.

Okay. First of all you haven’t failed yet. Maybe talk to your module leaders to see if you can get extenuating circumstances/extensions.

If not or if you really don’t want to continue, then just don’t. Make a plan, find a route and do something else. How you feel is important. So what you think is best but try to have a plan first

Quick Reply

Latest