should i text her

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So i had this date with a girl and she said she really enjoyed it... however, she doesn't think we should speak anymore as the date confirmed to her than she isn't ready for a relationship after her previous and that she doesnt want feelings from both sides to get involved. The issue is, i already like her! I came off looking a bit stupid as i tried to convince her to carry on talking to me (stupid i know) but she genuinely doesn't want to be seeing or texting anyone right now which is fair enough. I do however, want to keep in touch with her as i want to show that I am genuinely interested. I know she starts a new job in the next few week... would it be stupid to drop her a random message the day before or something wishing her luck?
Cy33
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
If she asked for no contact please don't be *that guy* and disrespect her wish. She'll lose respect for you and your chance will be even lower than it is now. Unfortunately you have to accept some things just don't work out. If she is interested in the future, she will message.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So i had this date with a girl and she said she really enjoyed it... however, she doesn't think we should speak anymore as the date confirmed to her than she isn't ready for a relationship after her previous and that she doesnt want feelings from both sides to get involved. The issue is, i already like her! I came off looking a bit stupid as i tried to convince her to carry on talking to me (stupid i know) but she genuinely doesn't want to be seeing or texting anyone right now which is fair enough. I do however, want to keep in touch with her as i want to show that I am genuinely interested. I know she starts a new job in the next few week... would it be stupid to drop her a random message the day before or something wishing her luck?
There's no harm in sending her that text. But don't expect a reply, and don't message her before then. Give her the space she wants for a bit.
Anonymous #1
There's no harm in sending her that text. But don't expect a reply, and don't message her before then. Give her the space she wants for a bit.
It won’t look a bit creepy that i remembered?x
Anonymous #1
Ignore the kiss🤣🤣🤣
Dentaldreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
She might appreciate the fact that you cared enough to remember
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
Please just respect if she has said no, even if it's in a friendly way, it still makes it seem like you're trying to make a move. Trust me I have had this happen to me before and it is so annoying, it just gives you the ick towards that person. The fact that you tried to convince her to keep talking to you if bad enough and comes across as obsessive. I'm sure you're a nice guy but just leave it.
liltokyoghoul
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
nah don't text her she's not interested. she'll message u in the future when she's ready if she wants to
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
No not at all. She'll most likely think it's thoughtful you remembered.
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Report 3 months ago
She don't like you. Whatever she said is just some excuses used by most girls to completely cuttoff contacts from people they dont like.
Anonymous #1
i dont know man - i just feel that's she's too good to let go off and if i can somehow build a relationship with her without it being 'dating' then I would. I've never actually felt like this over someone before, its crazy. I know she said she doesn't want to text anyone at the moment and just wants to be single but surely a text won't hurt... she probs already thinks i'm a weirdo lol
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Just stop. Mate. She let you down gently. If she wasn't interested in feelings or a relationship--she wouldn't have gone on a date with you. She met you and doesn't like you. Give it up. Sorry mate.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Just stop. Mate. She let you down gently. If she wasn't interested in feelings or a relationship--she wouldn't have gone on a date with you. She met you and doesn't like you. Give it up. Sorry mate.
Usually i would mate - she did say before the date that she wasn’t sure if she was a ready for a relationship but wouldn’t know how she woild react till after a date or something. I do feel it was genuinely an honest reason whether she does like me or not.
Cy33
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Just let it go, you're sounding obsessed at the moment. Guaranteed. There's another 1000 like her. It's a big planet, and she said no. Please for the love of God, accept her decision.
Faith.A
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
As a woman who's used that line before (" doesn't want to be seeing or texting anyone right now") I can tell you that the "with you" is silent.

Granted you might be an exception to the rule but generally speaking the 'I don't want a relationship rn' is just a nicer way to turn you down without personally attacking. But evidently so not the best way since guys who are really into a girl see it as an invitation to wait.

Best thing you can do is date other people and if she's interested she'll let you know but don't put your life on hold waiting for her as it might never happen.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Faith.A)
As a woman who's used that line before (" doesn't want to be seeing or texting anyone right now") I can tell you that the "with you" is silent.

Granted you might be an exception to the rule but generally speaking the 'I don't want a relationship rn' is just a nicer way to turn you down without personally attacking. But evidently so not the best way since guys who are really into a girl see it as an invitation to wait.

Best thing you can do is date other people and if she's interested she'll let you know but don't put your life on hold waiting for her as it might never happen.
nah i fully get that and have had it done to me previously but she warned me before hand that she might not be emotionally ready to let someone and wouldn't know until she obviously tried. I'm not just sitting around waiting for her but at the same time, she's the first person in years that I genuinely have an interest in.
Htx_x346
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i dont know man - i just feel that's she's too good to let go off and if i can somehow build a relationship with her without it being 'dating' then I would. I've never actually felt like this over someone before, its crazy. I know she said she doesn't want to text anyone at the moment and just wants to be single but surely a text won't hurt... she probs already thinks i'm a weirdo lol
Just text her
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
She's made quite clear that she doesn't want to talk to you anymore. Please respect that. It won't come off as innocent and friendly as you intend it to sound.
hazza___04
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
you could ask her if she's ok still being friends, but that won't cause you to lose feelings so it's inadvisable, and it's still quite likely that she's just made an excuse, so personally I would leave her alone but make it clear you're here for her if she wants to talk or changes her mind
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hazza___04)
you could ask her if she's ok still being friends, but that won't cause you to lose feelings so it's inadvisable, and it's still quite likely that she's just made an excuse, so personally I would leave her alone but make it clear you're here for her if she wants to talk or changes her mind
maybe - obviously going to leave for a few weeks. as cringey as it sounds she is literally everything i look for
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads