a-rosethatpricks
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
The difference between the actual heights of the buildings is 20 metres.

Work out the height of the taller building.

Note: the height of the small building on the drawing is 4.5 cm, and the height of the tall building is 6 cm.
oliveraptor6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
The height difference irl is 20m, and on paper the same difference is 15mm (1.5cm). Therefore you know that every mm on paper represents 20/15 m irl. Multiply that ratio by the taller building's on paper height in mm (60) to get the irl height.

Edited to remove answer
Last edited by oliveraptor6; 3 months ago
Dylan8421
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
you need to work out the scale for the model, like how many cm on paper is 1m in real life
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by oliveraptor6)
Height
Do not give answers - it's against forum rules.
oliveraptor6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Do not give answers - it's against forum rules.
My bad, I hadn't seen that rule. Edited now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (50)
47.17%
The paper was reasonable (42)
39.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (9)
8.49%
It was TERRIBLE (5)
4.72%

Watched Threads