Is it looked down upon if you don't work?

Watch this thread
balu832
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So, I have attention deficit disorder and am studying full time at the OU, a humanities subject. I'm 23, had to quit "finance" at brick uni because it just wasn't for me.

But I don't have any other responsibilities other than our dog. No work, no kids, etc. Is this weird? Honestly, I'm struggling with the increasing difficulty of TMAs/essays!
Jess_Lomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by balu832)
So, I have attention deficit disorder and am studying full time at the OU, a humanities subject. I'm 23, had to quit "finance" at brick uni because it just wasn't for me.

But I don't have any other responsibilities other than our dog. No work, no kids, etc. Is this weird? Honestly, I'm struggling with the increasing difficulty of TMAs/essays!
Just focus on school for the moment and once all the essays have finished then maybe rethink but just try and enjoy the moment as much as you can and not add any extra stress to whats already there
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
A full time occupation is good enough for most people standards, be it a job, study or self employment of some sort.

Some courses and/or people simply don't mix well with other work *shrug* taking on too much at one time generally means that everything suffers.
Last edited by StriderHort; 3 months ago
linuxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Looked down by whom? It's an online university, you could be a dog behind your screen...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads