Nursing interview Sunderland uni

Watch this thread
HollyMason1
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Has anyone here done an interview at Sunderland uni? For children and young people nursing? Any interview tips please. X
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HollyMason1)
Has anyone here done an interview at Sunderland uni? For children and young people nursing? Any interview tips please. X

Tell us about yourself. ...
Why do you want to be a children / paediatric nurse rather than a adult nurse or midwife...
What do you know about our child nursing degree course
Describe what you think a children's nurse does and the type of people or groups you might work with. ...
Read up the NMC code of practice...
The 6 C's of Nursing....
Could be asked about what you wrote in your personal statement....
Why you chosen to study at Sunderland.....
Any previous nursing experience.....
What skills are you able to transfer into the children nursing position....
Can you explain how you would cope with a stressful situation.....
How you cope with say a bereavement of a child while you on shift.....
Dealing with a angry parent / relative as not getting necessary information on things say.....

Basically you can be asked about anything.
Best thing is try not to get too nervous during interview as be noticed but they are use to this anyway so will try to make you feel comfortable during interview okay.

Unfortunately I am not a children nurse at Sunderland but I'm a NHS Scotland registered midwife as qualified in summer 2019.

Good luck with your interview. 😃
University of Sunderland Student Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HollyMason1)
Hi there,

You may find this article on 'How to prepare for healthcare degrees' useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads