Struggling with revision mocks monday

Watch this thread
Sohello
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
For physics paper two I cant understand ANYTHING at all and im doing SO BAD on the ppq and keep getting them wrong.

Chemistry I think I understand the content but again struggling with the exam style questions And biology is the same and Im honestly getting so tired of all this and I just cant even concentrate and ive been revising SO hard so im honestly so upset, idk whether this is bc im barely able to focus, tired or what but its pissing me off bc mocks start monday and im doing absl **** and I was honestly aiming for 8s in these mocks

uglyplushy
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
hey, it's okay to feel stressed about mocks because they are difficult and quite draining. i've already done my mocks back in december, and i've gotten mainly 8s so i thought i could share some tips with you which really helped me, although they may not be the best

i recommend listening to binaural beats while revising! for me they really helped me focus more and i felt that i took in a lot more information than i normally would. you can find them on youtube quite easily (i prefer the ones by magnetic minds).

secondly, i recommend quizlet to remember key terms - this is great, especially for biology. it helps you gain extra little marks on those 1-2 marker questions which ask you to define a specific word/concept. these little marks can be the difference between a grade 7 and grade 8.

thirdly, i'd also say search up those youtube videos which are like '2 hours 25x4 pomodoro technique revision'. i'd also recommend if you practice things like past papers or 6 markers or whatever to time yourself. but say if the paper was 60 minutes, time yourself for 50 or 55 minutes. then you can have a few minutes to check over your paper. these really helped me with time management.

finally, this is mainly for physics but look at momentum calculation questions. there was this 5 marker in our test with momentum calculation and everybody absolutely flopped it because even though we had the formulas, it was so confusing to know how to apply it. please please please go over them!! i don't know if they will actually come up in your mocks, as my school just makes their own paper, but this is just in case.

i don't really have much tips, but i hope they could somewhat help you. good luck on your mocks and remember to take breaks every now and then!
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thread moved to 'Revision and Study Tips'. :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.94%
The paper was reasonable (190)
48.84%
Not feeling great about that exam... (98)
25.19%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed