The Student Room Group

I feel like I'm failing

I started A-Levels this year and I set myself a goal to never drop below a grade A in every subject. I really want to get triple A* and so far I never get higher than an A in all of my subjects no matter how much extra work and revision I do. Most of my friends have got at least one A* at this point and I feel like I'm going nowhere. I'm not improving at all, in fact in my latest bio exam I got a B. Is this just my natural ability? I heard that A* students are the one's that consistently get the top grades from the beginning of Year 12. Is there still any chance of me being able to get a top grade?
Original post by Anonymous
I heard that A* students are the one's that consistently get the top grades

you heard wrong, my friend. :no:

i got like Dā€™s and Bā€™s on my first ever year 12 mocks lol
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
you heard wrong, my friend. :no:

i got like Dā€™s and Bā€™s on my first ever year 12 mocks lol

ah ok, i guess it's just the school putting pressure on us (as always)
Failing is getting below a D

You are definitely not failing, A-Levels are supposed to be hard.
Original post by Jonathan惄
Failing is getting below a D

I disagree.

If you are working towards a certain grade requirement for your chosen university course and you donā€™t achieve it for whatever reason, itā€™s totally fine to be sad, and say that you have failed in getting this certain grade.
Original post by Anonymous
I started A-Levels this year and I set myself a goal to never drop below a grade A in every subject. I really want to get triple A* and so far I never get higher than an A in all of my subjects no matter how much extra work and revision I do. Most of my friends have got at least one A* at this point and I feel like I'm going nowhere. I'm not improving at all, in fact in my latest bio exam I got a B. Is this just my natural ability? I heard that A* students are the one's that consistently get the top grades from the beginning of Year 12. Is there still any chance of me being able to get a top grade?

Basically i felt like this when i was doing my btec health and social level 3 extend diploma. So i basically told the head of department (reference) and my form tutor (reference) so they cannot lie lol. The head of department is on my side because i complete all my coursework before the deadline lol. She told me she appreciate the fact that i want a change because i went from being a introvert to speaking out so they our going to feel like i am vunerable lol.
Original post by Arpita Baidya
Basically i felt like this when i was doing my btec health and social level 3 extend diploma. So i basically told the head of department (reference) and my form tutor (reference) so they cannot lie lol. The head of department is on my side because i complete all my coursework before the deadline lol. She told me she appreciate the fact that i want a change because i went from being a introvert to speaking out so they our going to feel like i am vunerable lol.

i am in year 12 currently so i understand

Quick Reply

Latest