What’s the better uni?

Watch this thread
Tina7500
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I currently live in Kent and I’m picking between Surrey, Chichester, UWE Bristol and Leicester for BSc Psychology.
If anyone has any thoughts on what could be best for me, e.g reputation, night life, accommodation, etc. please share.
Last edited by Tina7500; 3 months ago
anonymous #5000
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tina7500)
I currently live in Kent and I’m picking between Surrey, Chichester, UWE Bristol and Leicester for BSc Psychology.
If anyone has any thoughts on what could be best for me, e.g reputation, night life, accommodation, etc. please share.
Between Leicester and Surrey. What are your predicted grades?
Tina7500
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by anonymous #5000)
Between Leicester and Surrey. What are your predicted grades?
A - psychology
B - politics
C - maths
brodskers
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Sorrey ispretty gud
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Leicester iand surrey id say
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tina7500)
Hi there,

To introduce myself – I'm Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

In this course, you'll study the scientific evidence of behaviour, mental health and neuropsychological functioning to understand what makes us who we are, how our minds work, and what influences our decisions and social relationships. In your first year, you'll study core areas of psychology and research methods to develop your foundations of psychological literacy. Small group skills tutorials will support this. In your second year, you'll learn about contemporary issues that impact every area of psychology. You'll also complete a module that supports the development of your professional skills, covering placements, job preparation and career options available in the psychology field.

In your final year, you'll study an advanced critical thinking module and select four optional modules to specialize and delve deeper into your areas of interest. You'll also receive supervision from a staff member to conduct your scientific research project, critically evaluating protocols, data and literature. Over the last decade, our employment figures have been among the best in the UK. This was a critical factor in Surrey being named the University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.

Finally, the campus is lovely. Surrey is known to emphasize the social life of students and always care about how you spend your free time at university. The student union offers more than 140 societies based on any hobbies and interests students have and clubs for all kinds of sport that a student might want to take up. And even with covid restrictions, the union managed to organize one of the country's most significant covid-safe university events!

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, please ask as I can help you out!

Joao
Economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
19.01%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.74%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.61%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (20)
16.53%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (31)
25.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.49%

Watched Threads