What do you do?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If you're chatting to someone that seems nice how long does it take you to normally have some sort of feelings?
If you're chatting to them how long does it take you to wanting to take it to the next step, as in becoming a couple?
If you're under 18 and you're 16 or 17 would you listen to your parents advice if they didn't like the person or would you ignore and still date the person if they were actually lovely and genuine?
If you're 18+ would you listen to your parents advice etc the same question as the previous one?
username5888917
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you're chatting to someone that seems nice how long does it take you to normally have some sort of feelings?
If you're chatting to them how long does it take you to wanting to take it to the next step, as in becoming a couple?
If you're under 18 and you're 16 or 17 would you listen to your parents advice if they didn't like the person or would you ignore and still date the person if they were actually lovely and genuine?
If you're 18+ would you listen to your parents advice etc the same question as the previous one?
Honestly if I was speaking to someone like for example my ex girlfriend when we first got together we first met in college but weren’t close in our 2 year’s in college even though she was sat next to me probably reliant on helping purposes. Halfway through college I get encouraged to create a snapchat account as a result of her and at the end of college she takes my number having also took my WhatsApp and Snapchat. Over the lockdown in 2020 we spoke for a good year as friends and we met up in June 2021 so when I was 20 I first met her at a dessert shop although at that time my mum never knew about her. Personally when I was blinded by love I dated her because I THOUGHT SHE WAS LOVELY AND GENUINE. TURNS OUT SHE GOLD DIGGED ME, USED ME FINANCIALLY, PLAYED GAMES WITH MY FEELINGS AND CHEATED ON ME. Although I am 21 now and as a Asian most families prefer arrange relationship and marriage and I would prefer the advice of my mother because my mother knows best for me and whatever she does will be in the best interest of me and for my future when I reach my prime years.
Last edited by username5888917; 3 months ago
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Listen to your parents. Sometimes they know you better than you.
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Won't have any life experience if you just follow what other people say.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JAckieee.chan)
Listen to your parents. Sometimes they know you better than you.
Except when they dont, parents are just as fallible as anyone else..
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you're chatting to someone that seems nice how long does it take you to normally have some sort of feelings? It's different for everyone. Some believe in love at first sight, sometimes a few weeks, for others it can be months or years of casual contact or friendship, then they realise their ideal partner is right under their nose.
If you're chatting to them how long does it take you to wanting to take it to the next step, as in becoming a couple? Again, different for everyone as to how quickly they get together with soneone. However, you don't go just from 'chatting' to a couple. You need to date, spend time together and see how soneone interacts not only with you, but with others in real life. There's a saying that how people treat service staff shows their personality, ie are they polite to restaurant staff or are they rude and dismissive?
If you're 18+ would you listen to your parents advice etc the same question as the previous one? Dating at 16/17? Nah. Concentrate on getting an education; that will set you up for life and give you a career and independence. There's plenty of time to date when you are older. Sometimes a view from other people can be useful; someone could/appear to be lovely, but too old for you, or you get blind to bad habits and faults. Plus without life experience you for necessarily know what is important in a relationship, including things like money.
Answered in bold. Do you have a specific person in mind? If so, how do you know them?

I met my boyfriend at work; was fascinated straight away, talked for a bit face-to-face over a couple of evenings, first date 4 days after meeting, called it official after 3 months. However, we were both adults (way past 18) and, whilst it's no guarantee, we were in jobs that required a high level of professionalism so there's more good people than bad in it. Plus we met each other's colleagues and friends, so easy to get an impression of someone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads