My friends are distancing themselves from me

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So one of my best friends for 8 years has been distancing herself from me. I know for sure I haven’t done anything wrong and I’ve even asked her. All of my other friends are doing the exact same thing. I don’t even know why. I told my mum about the situation and she said some girls do that when they’re jealous of other girls. Idk if that could be the conclusion so that’s why I’m asking on here. My mum came up with that conclusion because the only thing that’s changed about me recently is just me taking care of myself. I’ve been dressing up more, smelling nice, looking pretty, working hard in school because I kinda just had a tough year before and this was my New Years resolution: to take care of myself and my happiness. Still I don’t know if that’s the reason there could be another one. But if my mum is right is that even a thing? For girls to distance themselves from me just because I take care of myself? Because from my pov if I saw I pretty girl I would want to be friends with her not distance myself. So is this true or what would the other reason be?
Cy33
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
It happens as we grow up, are you doing anything together to rekindle the friendship? Hanging out? Have you invited her out and she rejected? People just get busier and busier and unless people are in our immediate world and lives, we kinda just stop seeing them.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Those old friends could be getting jealous or insecure.
If so, you are better off without them.
Life is too short to waste your time and energy on negativity.
Focus on getting the best academic results that you can,staying healthy, improving your skillset and appearance.
Good luck!
Arpita Baidya
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So one of my best friends for 8 years has been distancing herself from me. I know for sure I haven’t done anything wrong and I’ve even asked her. All of my other friends are doing the exact same thing. I don’t even know why. I told my mum about the situation and she said some girls do that when they’re jealous of other girls. Idk if that could be the conclusion so that’s why I’m asking on here. My mum came up with that conclusion because the only thing that’s changed about me recently is just me taking care of myself. I’ve been dressing up more, smelling nice, looking pretty, working hard in school because I kinda just had a tough year before and this was my New Years resolution: to take care of myself and my happiness. Still I don’t know if that’s the reason there could be another one. But if my mum is right is that even a thing? For girls to distance themselves from me just because I take care of myself? Because from my pov if I saw I pretty girl I would want to be friends with her not distance myself. So is this true or what would the other reason be?
Thats how i felt like but when i told them they said they are busy with school as they have to redo exams so i understand. Advice just generally ask them.
Honey57
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Do you know if they have a mental health problem? Or any other problem? I had severe ocd and I told no one about it as I wanted to hide it and I distanced myself from my friends so much and I deleted everyone except one or two friends from my contact list. Literally everyone. My friends became so hateful and thought that I didn’t like them anymore, but I couldn’t explain how much I was in pain and was suffering mainly because I didn’t want to as people would judge. I used to be a really open person and want to be friends with everyone but hopefully when I start uni Ill just get a group of 4-5 friends in my course or even 2 close friends and be able to move on calmly with my life.
Arpita Baidya
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Honey57)
Do you know if they have a mental health problem? Or any other problem? I had severe ocd and I told no one about it as I wanted to hide it and I distanced myself from my friends so much and I deleted everyone except one or two friends from my contact list. Literally everyone. My friends became so hateful and thought that I didn’t like them anymore, but I couldn’t explain how much I was in pain and was suffering mainly because I didn’t want to as people would judge. I used to be a really open person and want to be friends with everyone but hopefully when I start uni Ill just get a group of 4-5 friends in my course or even 2 close friends and be able to move on calmly with my life.
Yes two of my friends are dyslexia
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Cy33)
It happens as we grow up, are you doing anything together to rekindle the friendship? Hanging out? Have you invited her out and she rejected? People just get busier and busier and unless people are in our immediate world and lives, we kinda just stop seeing them.
She goes out with all of her other friends all the time, almost everyday but just not me
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yeah the jealous thing happens. When I was a teenager in year 10-11 the majority of the guys in my year group didn't like me because I was really popular with the girls. Even though I mostly stuck to myself lol.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Idk you to say they're jealous.

But you mentioned you've been mates for 8 years. Maybe they're tired of you.
fimop62975
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Jealousy/distancing can come in when you try to change yourself as they are used to the old you and wouldn't want you to chnage or improve yourself. Get some new friends who accept the new you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads