what should I do

Watch this thread
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I got covid so I decided to order some free food bc I got a code so why not, then my mum came in and ask wha it was and how I got it then I told her that I used a code and got it free then she called me a liar and I decided to say out of freaking sarcasm, "fine if im lying then im going to school tomorrow" so I think she's actually gonna make me go to school
squirrelmonkey12
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hey there,
What's your relationship with your mum usually like? Does she believe you haven't got covid or that you didn't get the food for free?
If you have got covid, you shouldn't be going to school. It could seriously impact others.

How are you feeling btw? How bad are your symptoms?
Last edited by squirrelmonkey12; 3 months ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
I got covid so I decided to order some free food bc I got a code so why not, then my mum came in and ask wha it was and how I got it then I told her that I used a code and got it free then she called me a liar and I decided to say out of freaking sarcasm, "fine if im lying then im going to school tomorrow" so I think she's actually gonna make me go to school
Please don't go to school if you have Covid. Think of the teachers and other non-teaching staff there who you could make seriously ill with Covid.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Do you have a positive test you can show her ?
squirrelmonkey12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Please don't go to school if you have Covid. Think of the teachers and other non-teaching staff there who you could make seriously ill with Covid.
Yes, please listen to this user! If your mum doesn't think you have covid or doesn't believe you, then take a test and show it to her. Going to school with covid will seriously impact others.
JA03
Rep:
(Original post by squirrelmonkey12)
Hey there,
What's your relationship with your mum usually like? Does she believe you haven't got covid or that you didn't get the food for free?
If you have got covid, you shouldn't be going to school. It could seriously impact others.

my mum always thinks im lying. one time i told her that i was going to school instead if celebrating eid because i had 4 tests that were contributing to my final gcse grades and she told me that i was lying about that and i stormed out the house.
JA03
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you have a positive test you can show her ?
me and my 2 siblings are positive, she believes they have it and not me.
JA03
Rep:
Hey there,

also im okay, im keeping my mouth closing while coughing then swallowing bc the acid in my stomach kills microorganisms. and other than the headache i had a few days ago my throat just feels a little swollen but im fine overall.
JA03
Rep:
Yes, please listen to this user! If your mum doesn't think you have covid or doesn't believe you, then take a test and show it to her. Going to school with covid will seriously impact others.
my mum doesnt believe me, even if i have proof of it. she has her own version of the truth that suits her and her needs. if i was in a car crash with a broken leg, she’d say im still able to walk.
squirrelmonkey12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
also im okay, im keeping my mouth closing while coughing then swallowing bc the acid in my stomach kills microorganisms. and other than the headache i had a few days ago my throat just feels a little swollen but im fine overall.
Okay. Make sure you're getting enough water and enough rest and take care of yourself :-)
squirrelmonkey12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
me and my 2 siblings are positive, she believes they have it and not me.
That sounds terrible and doesn't make any sense! Surely if one person has it, then the whole family is bound to get it?
I'm sorry that your mum doesn't believe you. You might have to take another test and make it clear that you're taking it and then show it to her. I can't think how else to convince her.
squirrelmonkey12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
my mum doesnt believe me, even if i have proof of it. she has her own version of the truth that suits her and her needs. if i was in a car crash with a broken leg, she’d say im still able to walk.
I'm really sorry :-(
How long have you and your siblings had covid for?
JA03
Rep:
I'm really sorry :-(
How long have you and your siblings had covid for?
so far, 2 days and it just got worse bc im so busy with work and school now - I can't do chores and given covid, I shouldn't but my brother made me do chores after he threw all my biology notes on the floor, scattered the contents of my pencil case, broken my chair and punched my arm (it really hurt)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (140)
43.48%
Not yet, but I will soon (56)
17.39%
No (126)
39.13%

Watched Threads