Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    But I'm not too sure which one to get.

I already have the '1' album, which I think is fantastic (apart from Yellow Submarine which just hacks me off), but I wanna get a 'proper' album too.

Looking on Amazon, there are loads. I'm after one which is 'classic' Beatle-ness really

Which one do you recommend and why?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Personally i like Let it Be but otherwise Sgt Peppers LHC and Abbey road are worth having

ReputationRep:
    white album but its 20 quid, so go for abbey road

white album because it has a lot of different styles but it is a somewot challenging listen. ANbbey roads got some gr8 singles and is just an ace album

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, Abbey Road seems to be making an impression at the mo then

Yeah I looked at The White album on Amazon, it's generally known as their first 'solo album' isn't it? lots of stuff written individually. I'd like to hear it, but mmm, £20's a bit much

What about Hard Day's Night? is that any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Hmm, Abbey Road seems to be making an impression at the mo then

Yeah I looked at The White album on Amazon, it's generally known as their first 'solo album' isn't it? lots of stuff written individually. I'd like to hear it, but mmm, £20's a bit much

What about Hard Day's Night? is that any good?
    hard days night is gd prob my least fave cause the songs sound very similar.

ReputationRep:
    I bought their greatest hits on LP for £1. Its in VGC too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I bought their greatest hits on LP for £1. Its in VGC too.
    Where from?!

Is that the number 1s album? or is it something else? (forgive me, I'm learning lol)

ReputationRep:
    u should get past masters 1 and 2 actually. 1 has got old music and 2 has got there late releases. Its a gd album cause its not cheezy like 1

ReputationRep:
    But I'm not too sure which one to get.

I already have the '1' album, which I think is fantastic (apart from Yellow Submarine which just hacks me off), but I wanna get a 'proper' album too.

Looking on Amazon, there are loads. I'm after one which is 'classic' Beatle-ness really

Which one do you recommend and why?

Thanks!
    What are your favourite songs on '1'?

ReputationRep:
    Where from?!

Is that the number 1s album? or is it something else? (forgive me, I'm learning lol)
    Nope its a greatest hits LP from the early 80s but the songs on it are basicaly the same. Its one of the joys of owning a turntable you can get some very very cheap records and you can also get stuff that was never released on CD.

ReputationRep:
    revolver is better than SPLHCB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    revolver is better than SPLHCB
    IMO, Rubber Soul is better than Revolver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    IMO, Rubber Soul is better than Revolver
    IMO white album is the greatest and revolver is second best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    What are your favourite songs on '1'?
    Oooh, there are loads!

But I guess my absolute favs would be... no, actually, the only one I tend to skip past are Yellow Submarine and I'm not *that*keen on Eleanor Rigby and Penny Lane

....Narrow it down a little? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    IMO white album is the greatest and revolver is second best

White Album is patchy, some absolute classics, but some really dodgy songs, if it was a single album, it would possibly be my favourite album of all time...

my favoutite Beatles albums:

1. Rubber Soul
    2. Hard Day's Night
    3. Revolver
    4. Abbey Road
    5. With The Beatles

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, there are loads!

Actually, the only one I tend to skip past are Yellow Submarine and I'm not *that*keen on Eleanor Rigby and Penny Lane

....Narrow it down a little? lol
    If you prefer songs like 'She loves you' 'Can't buy me love' 'Eight Days A Week' or 'Ticket to ride' go for one of the early Beatles albums, perhaps 'Hard Day's Night' or 'Help!'

If you prefer songs like 'Come Together' 'Get Back' 'Something' or 'All You Need Is Love' you'll be better off with one of their latter albums...'Abbey Road' or mabye 'Magicial Mystery Tour' 'Sgt Peppers' would also fit here...and it does contain what is IMO the best Beatles song 'A Day In The Life'

or if you cant choose between the first and second half of '1', go for Rubber Soul or Revolver...

if you were to leave it to me, I would say get Rubber Soul...

but really, Hard Day's Night, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, White Album and Abbey Road are all absolutely essential...you *will* have to get them all...then you'll have to get all the rest...

ReputationRep:
    The White Album has Blackbird on it which is the most beautiful song ever.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice everyone

Just discovered "Don't let me down" on John Lennon's "Imagine" album - AMAZING!

ReputationRep:
    Get Revolver. Or even better, buy a Who album! :p:

ReputationRep:
    My favourites are Revolver (I love Here, There and Everywhere - one of my fave Beatles songs), Abbey Road (Something is my fave Beatles song), and Please, Please Me is also a good album.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.