charlieb2006
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
distinction gcse death penalty speech ?
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hi, what subject is this for? MP
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
Hi, what subject is this for? MP
Shouldn't we be encouraging people to ask politely and respectfully, as per TSR's rules, rather than barking orders at us like this and expecting someone to just come along and answer? This sort of behaviour in SH now is the reason why it's a shadow of its former self, and it irritates the greater majority of contributors. I'm a bit surprised that the CT would be seen to condone it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 09.33.55.png
Views: 7
Size:  44.2 KB
Source: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/moderation-policy
_Rusty_
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Shouldn't we be encouraging people to ask politely and respectfully, as per TSR's rules, rather than barking orders at us like this and expecting someone to just come along and answer? This sort of behaviour in SH now is the reason why it's a shadow of its former self, and it irritates the greater majority of contributors. I'm a bit surprised that the CT would be seen to condone it.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 09.33.55.png
Views: 7
Size:  44.2 KB
Source: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/moderation-policy
I love your devotion to ensuring people have manners on here :congrats:
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _Rusty_)
I love your devotion to ensuring people have manners on here :congrats:
:hat2:

Back in the day (not that long ago, really), Study Help was thriving, and lots of contributors gave good quality, accurate answers pretty quickly. That has all but vanished now in most study areas, and I honestly believe a lot of it is due to the entitled, bratty and ill-mannered OPs which have now become the norm. People treat it like it's some automated chatbot, and don't seem to understand that well-meaning people give freely of their time to help others out here. I really don't think it's too much to expect a 'please', 'could someone help me out with this question', or 'I'd be grateful for some advice about..'.

Stepping carefully off my soapbox now...
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
:hat2:

Back in the day (not that long ago, really), Study Help was thriving, and lots of contributors gave good quality, accurate answers pretty quickly. That has all but vanished now in most study areas, and I honestly believe a lot of it is due to the entitled, bratty and ill-mannered OPs which have now become the norm. People treat it like it's some automated chatbot, and don't seem to understand that well-meaning people give freely of their time to help others out here. I really don't think it's too much to expect a 'please', 'could someone help me out with this question', or 'I'd be grateful for some advice about..'.

Stepping carefully off my soapbox now...
Totally agree, I'm more than happy to give advice but sometimes it feels like peoples first post is into a google searchbox
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _Rusty_)
Totally agree, I'm more than happy to give advice but sometimes it feels like peoples first post is into a google searchbox
Exactly - and well observed: this OP is exactly the sort of terms you'd enter into a google search.
_Rusty_
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Exactly - and well observed: this OP is exactly the sort of terms you'd enter into a google search.
It doesn't really bother me but I can totally understand how it could. I've been on TSR for just over a year now and I don't think I have seen anyone new on TSR helping out. It's quite sad really. TSR is so useful, it helped with my medicine application process no end (although I was just rejected from Cambridge...)

If people used it properly I imagine more people would use it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (138)
43.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.09%
No (124)
39.24%

Watched Threads