∞edge
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've applied to Durham, Nottingham, Warwick, Bath, King's
Can anyone tell me whether the predicted (A LEVELS) are suitable or not for these universities?
A- accounting
A- business
A- mathematics
B- information technology
C- econ
Course accounting and finance
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
Can anyone tell me whether the predicted (A LEVELS) are suitable or not for these universities?
A- accounting
A- business
A- mathematics
C- econ
If you're within one grade of whatever they're asking for ACCYFIN then it's feasible. However applying to 5 choices one grade above your predictions is not super sensible depending on your appetite for risk and other options outside of UCAS.
∞edge
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
If you're within one grade of whatever they're asking for ACCYFIN then it's feasible. However applying to 5 choices one grade above your predictions is not super sensible depending on your appetite for risk and other options outside of UCAS.
I didn't quite get you. Could you explain please?
username5890578
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
A- accounting
A- business
A- mathematics
C- econ

Are you taking 5 a levels? I'm slgihtly confused lol
∞edge
Rep:
(Original post by AlexAyy)
Are you taking 5 a levels? I'm slgihtly confused lol
Yes
username5890578
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
Yes
oh damn nice, that's literally 216 UCAS point, I'm not an expert but it looks suitable to me.
∞edge
Rep:
oh damn nice, that's literally 216 UCAS point, I'm not an expert but it looks suitable to me.
So what do you think? Am I suitable? Got rejected from King's though
BlueChicken
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
All the unis publish their requirements for each course, e.g. AAA or AAB where you have to have A in Maths (all made up, just an idea) - go to each web site and check. It's typical to check this before applying... Good luck.
username5890578
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
Oh damn really? I'm surprised they rejected you with those grades.
Did you not submit a quality personal statement or something?
Now I'm worried because I'm applying for exeter, leeds and sheffield with only predicted 144 UCAS points / AAA in 2 btecs and a pretty irrelevent a level lol
username5890578
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
A- accounting
A- business
A- mathematics
C- econ
maybe you need an A in finance or to have taken finance for a level to do the course?
Last edited by username5890578; 3 months ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
I didn't quite get you. Could you explain please?
Most unis only look at your top 3 AL grades, (so five was a waste, you'd have been better concentrating on 3, or at most 4).

So you are applying with AAA predicted, (or AAB if they consider Business and Accounting to be overlapping).

So I would say any course asking for AAB is achievable to get an offer. But they look at other things as well as your grades, so no guarantees. Generally, applying for courses who are asking for a range of grades is sensible.
∞edge
Rep:
maybe you need an A in finance or to have taken finance for a level?
My school doesn't offer it so yeah..
Not sure about the other outcomes
username5890578
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ∞edge)
My school doesn't offer it so yeah..
Not sure about the other outcomes
Damn that's unfortunate, I'm extremely surprised they gave you the option to take 5 a levels, but didn't give you the option to take finance.
Don't worry through, with grades like you're very likely to get at least one offer at one those highly ranked Unis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (3)
23.08%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (0)
0%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (2)
15.38%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (1)
7.69%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (3)
23.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
30.77%

Watched Threads