How do I rekindle this situation?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Me and this guy hooked up and we got on well, had good chemistry etc

The next day he messaged me which I was surprised by, I never gave him my social media but clearly he searched for it. We spoke over dm for a few days and he kept trying to continue the conversation by asking questions

A week later we saw eachother again at a party and he completely ignored me. I was so confused and went up to him to ask what’s happening and apparently everyone had been telling him I had said we were a “thing” which I never had. I tried to explain but he didn’t really listen

All I’d said to my friends is that we’d been texting but it somehow got back to him (idk who said this) that I’d been going round telling everyone we were dating. So understandably he was confused. Later that night he kissed another girl and said I was “psycho”

Since then we haven’t messaged at all but I’ve seen him when I went clubbing and he was staring at me dancing with another guy and we had a fleeting conversation when standing in a group.

Everyone says don’t chase him because guys will come back naturally BUT by the fact I was dancing with another guy I don’t want him to think that I’m uninterested now because I still have feelings for him. How do I get him back without saying it because then it WILL look like I was clingy and desperate. I just don’t know how to put it across to him

It’s not like this is one sided because he clearly was interested before all this gossip was spread. I can’t move on because I’ve never had a guy like me before who I liked too

Would be interesting to hear guys opinion on this especially
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
He is obviously not worth the effort. You deserve so much better. The initial starters were there but imagine how he is going to be down the line if this is how he is and you hardly know him? Nightmare - Life is too short - do find someone who is more focussed on you and not so worried about the his own 'accounts'
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
It's another vote for move on unfortunately. He's already done two things deliberately to hurt you, just off the back of what he heard elsewhere and you explained otherwise. Nasty stuff.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttly)
He is obviously not worth the effort. You deserve so much better. The initial starters were there but imagine how he is going to be down the line if this is how he is and you hardly know him? Nightmare - Life is too short - do find someone who is more focussed on you and not so worried about the his own 'accounts'
This is the problem though, I’m not actually worried about “down the line” because I’m not looking for a serious relationship, but I would’ve liked to casually been dating him so just hookups because we had good chemistry. So I’m really not asking for too much
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
It's another vote for move on unfortunately. He's already done two things deliberately to hurt you, just off the back of what he heard elsewhere and you explained otherwise. Nasty stuff.
Yeah it’s just hard because the same wiyh happened with my friend but it was role reversal where the guy was actually rushing and clinging early on but because she’s understanding they’re now in a relationship. Double standard smh
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
That's the beauty about life. You can only find out for yourself the agony and ecstasy of each relationship because only you know what that relationship means to you. Some will end in tears and some will be joy. Just try aim for fun, trust, and laughter together and don't over think it. No double standards at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (138)
43.53%
Not yet, but I will soon (55)
17.35%
No (124)
39.12%

Watched Threads