3 E A levels Careers

Watch this thread
ollinewell
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi does anyone have a career with 3 E at A Level if they have a degree (2.2/21./1).

I’m not aiming that low but I’m preparing for worst case scenario because I don’t think I will finish content for some subjects.

Also technically only need 2 E (32 points) to get into my first uni offer I wanna go to.

Thank you
username5839543
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
If you are struggling with A-Level content to the extent that you say that you are, perhaps university isn't for you? I guess it depends on why.
Many graduate schemes would probably still be open to you and of course there are a multitude of careers that are open to people without degree level education.
ollinewell
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Wtf 😭. My school is in the bottom 30 in the UK and my uni gave contextual cuz of how bad my sixth form is. I had A* As and Bs in gcse.
I’m not “struggling”, it’s the fact my school decided it would be a good idea during covid to cut lessons to 40 minutes long, so we are ALL behind.
Not to mention months of online learning where teachers constantly late or didn’t show up, and sometimes only being 20 minute lessons online or none at all in a day.
I’m not asking without degree I’m asking the opposite??? 💀
I’m asking what career path is like when you have a good degree but crap a levels.
Im predicted BBC but I was curious if anyone with extremely low a levels have a good career.
Other_Owl
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ollinewell)
Wtf 😭. My school is in the bottom 30 in the UK and my uni gave contextual cuz of how bad my sixth form is. I had A* As and Bs in gcse.
I’m not “struggling”, it’s the fact my school decided it would be a good idea during covid to cut lessons to 40 minutes long, so we are ALL behind.
Not to mention months of online learning where teachers constantly late or didn’t show up, and sometimes only being 20 minute lessons online or none at all in a day.
I’m not asking without degree I’m asking the opposite??? 💀
I’m asking what career path is like when you have a good degree but crap a levels.
Im predicted BBC but I was curious if anyone with extremely low a levels have a good career.
You've got ideal grades to do a school leavers apprenticeship or go to college instead.
ajj2000
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Which degree at which university? Sorry to hear how poor your experience has been at school.
username5637224
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you’ve got good GCSEs an excellent degree but disappointing A levels that can be explained by an honest, legitimate third party referee things might be complicated but not impossible. If you’re missing lesson content use as many online resources as you can cope with in the time that is left available to you and just do your best. The last couple of years have been incredibly hard for a lot of people, especially those like you that are at schools that even under normal circumstances are «*challenged*» when trying to provide an education to their students. Depending on what you are looking to do afterwards your A levels will be of more or less importance, but COVID will definitely change the way employers look at them. So basically just do your best in the things you can control and worry about the rest when it comes to it. If you’ve got an offer from your first choice uni, this already indicates that they recognise your worth so stay confident and just do your best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.72%
The paper was reasonable (129)
36.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.58%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
14.37%

Watched Threads