The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

nottingham summer school

I'm pretty interested in going to one of the nottingham summer schools (probably the chemistry one if I can make the dates), but I was wondering if people usually go with their friends/people they know or just do it completely alone? Just worried that I'd go on my own and everyone else would be in their groups of friends
Hiya, I wouldn't worry about not going with friends as loads of people go alone and this also gives you a great opportunity to try out freshers life of being with all new people as well as being able to make some great new friends who have many of the same interests as you and you may even end up going to uni together!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm pretty interested in going to one of the nottingham summer schools (probably the chemistry one if I can make the dates), but I was wondering if people usually go with their friends/people they know or just do it completely alone? Just worried that I'd go on my own and everyone else would be in their groups of friends

Hi! If you're interested in going to a summer school, then go for it! Don't worry if you'll be alone, that's okay. A lot of people go alone, for many reasons, maybe their friends aren't interested in the same subject or the same university or simply aren't interested in participating in a summer school. So there will be many others in the same situation as you. By the end of the summer school you'd have met many new people, it's a taste of what it's like to start university, where a lot of people do not know anyone. When I was in Year 12, one of my friends joined a summer school alone, and she had so much fun and met a lot of people. The summer school would be a great experience for you, and if you're really interested in doing it, you should definitely go for it!

I'm a 4th year Chemistry student here at UoN, so if you do have any questions regarding studying Chemistry at Nottingham let me know! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending