The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Lse undergrad econ and econ history

Lse undergrad econ and econ history

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey. I applied on 25/01/2022. When did you apply and what did you mention in your personal statement? :wink:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
hey has anyone here applied for just economic history?
Original post by Hey2022
Hey. I applied on 25/01/2022. When did you apply and what did you mention in your personal statement? :wink:

I applied on 26th morning lmao. I talked about casteism in Indian history and what role that played in the Indian economy for econ history. Honestly, I don't expect an acceptance from lse at all since I didn't really follow the 50-50 split. I applied for econ and politics to 3 out of the 5 colleges. I found it quite hard to tailor my personal statement to all three subjects.
Reply 4
Oh wow, that seems so hard. Don't give up hope, you never know! I spoke about institutions and development economics but I don't think my personal statement was as strong as it should have been sigh
Original post by Anonymous
I applied on 26th morning lmao. I talked about casteism in Indian history and what role that played in the Indian economy for econ history. Honestly, I don't expect an acceptance from lse at all since I didn't really follow the 50-50 split. I applied for econ and politics to 3 out of the 5 colleges. I found it quite hard to tailor my personal statement to all three subjects.

are you an international student?
i am guessing this bc you said colleges rather than uni
are you an international student?
i am guessing this bc you said colleges rather than uni

yup. that's a cool observation, I didn't realize y'all don't use the word college often :smile:
Applied on 13/12/2021, don't massively fancy my chances tbh but I can hope!
I applied to both Econ and eco his and pure eco his. I submitted my application in early October but haven’t received any response from both the programs. A bit weird. Is there anyone who did something similar like me? I mean, applied to both of them
Reply 9
Did you guys hear back from lse ?
Original post by Atudney
Did you guys hear back from lse ?

nope
Reply 11
Did you guys receive any additional questionnaire?
Reply 12
Original post by Atudney

No. I believe this is for only econ applicants. Last year I applied for pure econ and received the questionnaire but this year I applied for econ + econ history and didn’t receive it
Reply 13
Original post by Atudney

No, I believe this is for econ applicants only. Last year I applied for pure econ and I received the questionnaire but this year I applied for econ + econ history and didn’t receive it
Reply 14
Any news ?
Reply 15
I’m still waiting sigh
Some rejections has been sent today in this major
Reply 17

oh mate !!!! How do you know ? Did your friends or fellow students receive a rejection ?
Original post by Atudney
oh mate !!!! How do you know ? Did your friends or fellow students receive a rejection ?

Yep. Don’t panic! All the rejections I heard so far were international applicants like me. Not home student.

I think it’s normal this year. Around 700 students are competing for only around 50 places regarding this major. Just best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending