Lse undergrad econ and econ history

Watch this thread
Atudney
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Lse undergrad econ and econ history
Hey2022
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hey. I applied on 25/01/2022. When did you apply and what did you mention in your personal statement?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
hey has anyone here applied for just economic history?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Hey2022)
Hey. I applied on 25/01/2022. When did you apply and what did you mention in your personal statement?
I applied on 26th morning lmao. I talked about casteism in Indian history and what role that played in the Indian economy for econ history. Honestly, I don't expect an acceptance from lse at all since I didn't really follow the 50-50 split. I applied for econ and politics to 3 out of the 5 colleges. I found it quite hard to tailor my personal statement to all three subjects.
Hey2022
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh wow, that seems so hard. Don't give up hope, you never know! I spoke about institutions and development economics but I don't think my personal statement was as strong as it should have been sigh
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I applied on 26th morning lmao. I talked about casteism in Indian history and what role that played in the Indian economy for econ history. Honestly, I don't expect an acceptance from lse at all since I didn't really follow the 50-50 split. I applied for econ and politics to 3 out of the 5 colleges. I found it quite hard to tailor my personal statement to all three subjects.
are you an international student?
i am guessing this bc you said colleges rather than uni
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
are you an international student?
i am guessing this bc you said colleges rather than uni
yup. that's a cool observation, I didn't realize y'all don't use the word college often
LethargicPeak70
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Applied on 13/12/2021, don't massively fancy my chances tbh but I can hope!
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
I applied to both Econ and eco his and pure eco his. I submitted my application in early October but haven’t received any response from both the programs. A bit weird. Is there anyone who did something similar like me? I mean, applied to both of them
Atudney
Rep:
Did you guys hear back from lse ?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Atudney)
Did you guys hear back from lse ?
nope
Atudney
Rep:
Did you guys receive any additional questionnaire?
Hey2022
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
No. I believe this is for only econ applicants. Last year I applied for pure econ and received the questionnaire but this year I applied for econ + econ history and didn’t receive it
Hey2022
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
No, I believe this is for econ applicants only. Last year I applied for pure econ and I received the questionnaire but this year I applied for econ + econ history and didn’t receive it
Atudney
Rep:
Any news ?
Hey2022
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’m still waiting sigh
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
Some rejections has been sent today in this major
Atudney
Rep:

oh mate !!!! How do you know ? Did your friends or fellow students receive a rejection ?
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
oh mate !!!! How do you know ? Did your friends or fellow students receive a rejection ?
Yep. Don’t panic! All the rejections I heard so far were international applicants like me. Not home student.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
I think it’s normal this year. Around 700 students are competing for only around 50 places regarding this major. Just best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads