HMRC HO compliance caseworker role

Watch this thread
Sophkin
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does anyone know if this role involves regular visits to business premises as part of the tax compliance checks? I am interested in the job but the job description is vague and I would prefer something desk based.
Abuhizqil
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sophkin)
Does anyone know if this role involves regular visits to business premises as part of the tax compliance checks? I am interested in the job but the job description is vague and I would prefer something desk based.
I started as HO Caseworker a few weeks ago. We have been told it could be mixture of both, I mean mostly desk based and sometime may need to visit the business premises. But we're still getting our training.
Heeck
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It depends on which compliance area you'll be working on, as some tax compliance is very much desk based and others not so much. The advert should give some reference to the tax compliance work area such as C&P, C&A, IBSC, WMBC, Etc. If it's described as "generic" compliance caseworker role then you'll be put on a wide variety of projects of varying lengths, from what I've heard it's most likely to be telephony work but you could always end up with interesting non-telephony based generic tax compliance work. Could you link the job advert that you're enquiring about?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (4)
19.05%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.76%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (3)
14.29%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
9.52%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
28.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads