Opthalmic Dispensing-college HELP

Watch this thread
Sparklemist
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys. I hope everyone is well.

I have an offer from a college, however the requiremnets state CC, and one subject must be a science.

I wanted to ask, if worse case scenario I got a CE and the E was in the science subject would they likely reject me?
Last edited by Sparklemist; 3 months ago
Eatingorsleeping
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sparklemist)
Hi guys. I hope everyone is well.

I have an offer from a college, however the requiremnets state CC, and one subject must be a science.

I wanted to ask, if worse case scenario I got a CE and the E was in the science subject would they likely reject me?
Hey! I think this is totally a case-by-case situation. You should wait till the result day and work towards the offer they have placed. Usually, most colleges participate in clearing so you might still get a place for your course if you do not meet the offer. However, having said that it is quite tedious to go through the entire process.
Definitely ask around and research such cases for your college specifically and hopefully everything will work around in the end!
Sparklemist
Rep:
(Original post by Eatingorsleeping)
Hey! I think this is totally a case-by-case situation. You should wait till the result day and work towards the offer they have placed. Usually, most colleges participate in clearing so you might still get a place for your course if you do not meet the offer. However, having said that it is quite tedious to go through the entire process.
Definitely ask around and research such cases for your college specifically and hopefully everything will work around in the end!
Hey ty for the reply. In my offer letter they put if not all conditions are met that I should call and I could be put on an alternative course. What does this mean?
Eatingorsleeping
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sparklemist)
Hey ty for the reply. In my offer letter they put if not all conditions are met that I should call and I could be put on an alternative course. What does this mean?
This basically means the university is open for clearing and you can be put in an alternative course, probably from similar streams but not the same course you applied for. In cases like this you can usually switch back to your original course, if modules align, after the first year if you make your case.
Sparklemist
Rep:
(Original post by Eatingorsleeping)
This basically means the university is open for clearing and you can be put in an alternative course, probably from similar streams but not the same course you applied for. In cases like this you can usually switch back to your original course, if modules align, after the first year if you make your case.
Thank you. What do you mean by switching back to the original course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise