The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medic Mind
To me, that sounds like a good time to take the UCAT! You've already started doing some prep which is great. I recommend making yourself a schedule for the next month of which days you won't be doing any UCAT (e.g. weekends) and which days you will - and on those days that you will, write down how many hours you're planning on doing. I recommend doing little each day at the start, and working up from there! Remember to always target your weaker questions/section types, and do questions timed once you get the hang of it :borat:. Here we have lots of YouTube videos that walk you through tricky questions in the UCAT which I recommend watching if you're stuck! :clap2:

Marimo
UCL Y2 Med Student
Medic Mind

im thinking of doing this 4 week plan but just taking the saturdays off https://www.medify.com.au/blog/ucat-anz-preparation-time-questions#:~:text=How%20long%20should%20I%20study,need%2010%2B%20to%20avoid%20burnout.

If Medify have written it on their official website, then I trust that they know what they're talking about; and having a quick read gives me the impression that it's a good schedule :smile:. I'd also recommend to increase or decrease the number of hours/questions you do each week depending on how well you're performing in your mocks; I personally found it helpful to have a little 'recap' at the end of each week to review my progress and alter the next week's plan a bit depending on what I felt I needed to work on :tongue:.

Marimo
UCL Y2 Med Student
Medic Mind
Hi Everyone,

Today i did my UCAT and got:
VR-630
DM-740
QR-730
AR-660
Overall-2760
Band 1 SJT

Overall I would say medify was accurate to the real thing and -this may seem weird- the official mocks seemed alot harder than the actual exam. I did an oficial mock on wednesday and only got 2440 so im sure you can see the difference.

Good luck to everyone who is yet to sit theres and thank you everyone on here for your help and support :smile:
Original post by Hussein2004
Hi, if you don't mind me asking, would you say your qr score similar to medentry as I'm getting over 700 in the majority of my tests but only managed to answer 21-23 right out of 36

Yep I'd say my score was similar if not perhaps higher than what I had been getting in medentry
Original post by TCL
Well done on the band 1 this year and a good overall score. What did you think of Medentry v Medify?

i used medify last year and medentry this year. i would say for the SJT medentry is much better - got me from a band 3 to a band 1. For vr my medentry questions were fairly similar to my 2021 UCAT questions, but this UCAT my VR cycle was horrific- I had long texts and so many T/F/CT questions that were really obscure. For DM Medentry was a million percent better than medify in explaining stuff. Medentry had like little games and skill boosters that were fun+ useful but from what I remember so did medify.
overral medenntry is good for: QR, SJT, DM
medify good for: VR, AR
(edited 1 year ago)
can someone pls help me ! I have about 6 weeks till my exam and sitting the ucat a second time ... is it possible to still get a good /competitive score if i start now ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by starinthenight3
Hey well done on ur score!
Sorry if this is a stupid question
But by medify averages do you mean the average from the mocks or the mini mocks?

Thank you! That's not a stupid question at all, it's the average from the full mocks :smile:
Hey, I will have to do the UCAT again this year and I wanted to know if I need to make a new account for the UCAT or do I book the test on the account I used last year? @becausethenight
Original post by Riley123456
Hi Everyone,

Today i did my UCAT and got:
VR-630
DM-740
QR-730
AR-660
Overall-2760
Band 1 SJT

Overall I would say medify was accurate to the real thing and -this may seem weird- the official mocks seemed alot harder than the actual exam. I did an oficial mock on wednesday and only got 2440 so im sure you can see the difference.

Good luck to everyone who is yet to sit theres and thank you everyone on here for your help and support :smile:

Well done on your score! :smile:
How similiar were you medify scores compared to the real thing also glad to know someone else found the official ones much harder
Thank you!

very simillar, DM was slightly higher on medify but not by a lot
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Well done on your score! :smile:
How similiar were you medify scores compared to the real thing also glad to know someone else found the official ones much harder
@MedEntry Could you please tell me how many questions there are in the whole Medentry bank, since it does not say on the site. It's just so I can plan my schedule. Thanks in advance!
Original post by spqr101
Are you using medify? I just did my UCAT today and the QR was much easier than medify since there aren't such huge paragraphs of information to read through. I'd say the medentry QR is much more representative.

hi, what parts of medentry exams were similar to the exam?
congrats for completing it
Original post by techwiz12345
can someone pls help me ! I have about 6 weeks till my exam and sitting the ucat a second time ... is it possible to still get a good /competitive score if i start now ?

Nobody can answer this. UCAT is an aptitude test, and whilst careful preparation can maximise your score, you are not going to go above what is your natural maximum level - and nobody knows if that is 1200 or 3600!
All anyone can say is that is you work hard and use your time sensibly, you can get the best score you are able to get, and nobody can expect more than that
Reply 2153
Original post by Subi2254
Hey, I will have to do the UCAT again this year and I wanted to know if I need to make a new account for the UCAT or do I book the test on the account I used last year? @becausethenight @ecolier

You can use the same account, but you need to book soon as later dates are running out at many test centres.
Original post by d3str0y
I got a score of 2560 b1 which I’m really bummed about because I was scoring much higher consistently and somehow I did really bad. What unis in London especially could I apply to with my score and have a good chance of being accepted?

don't panic about getting a slightly lower score, the only thing I would say it stay away from London unis. They're generally very competitive and even if you have great previous qualifications (school/uni etc) the lower ucat will unlikely balance out. I had a similar score to you last year and made the mistake of not applying to unis away from London and got 0 interviews. KCL / Barts claim they're hollistic but ultimately they have to narrow it down so much and they use ucat to do so x
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi all, I've got my UCAT in 12 days (ahhhhh), i'm using MedEntry and despite working at it for 4/5 weeks I can't seem to improve!!! my most recent mock was 2370 :frown:(2 days ago + was the 4th mock). I'm reviewing all my questions, watching YT videos + practising qs timed to try to get better. I'm not taking maths so often struggle w/ QR - around 600 - VR often holds my score back, rarely getting over 600 :redface:.

Not sure I should keep doing what i'm doing, any advice???

Maybe I should add: my other stats are good (9/A* at GCSE except 8s in English, weeks hospital work experience, 2 volunteering commitments, part time job etc) and I don't want UCAT to be the reason I don't get into med :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, has anyone done medify mock 17? I've just done it and I'm really disappointed with my score- it's almost 400 less than my past few mocks :frown:
I've got my test in a couple of days and i'm really worried
Original post by anonice
Hi, has anyone done medify mock 17? I've just done it and I'm really disappointed with my score- it's almost 400 less than my past few mocks :frown:
I've got my test in a couple of days and i'm really worried

Everyone does awfully on mock 17
Original post by n05y15
Everyone does awfully on mock 17

ok thank you, that's quite reassuring- is the real thing comparatively easier?
Original post by um...
Hi all, I've got my UCAT in 12 days (ahhhhh), i'm using MedEntry and despite working at it for 4/5 weeks I can't seem to improve!!! my most recent mock was 2370 :frown:(2 days ago + was the 4th mock). I'm reviewing all my questions, watching YT videos + practising qs timed to try to get better. I'm not taking maths so often struggle w/ QR - around 600 - VR often holds my score back, rarely getting over 600 :redface:.

Not sure I should keep doing what i'm doing, any advice???

Maybe I should add: my other stats are good (9/A* at GCSE except 8s in English, weeks hospital work experience, 2 volunteering commitments, part time job etc) and I don't want UCAT to be the reason I don't get into med :frown:

You may be the sort of candidate who does better with BMAT as you clearly do well in traditional exams.

I am not a fan of UCAT. It tells you little about a candidate other than an IQ score.

Not that that IQ is unimportant but other things such as work ethic / ability to study and capacity to learn / science knowledge are also important as a doctor. These BMAT also tests.

Scores can vary a lot in tests prior to UCAT and there are many examples of those who do much better on the test day that they expect as well as the reverse. So I would not panic but be prepared if things don’t go to plan to sit BMAT in late October.
(edited 1 year ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending