Transferring for second year

Watch this thread
j.bulan
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I was wondering if anyone knew any unis in london that take second year transfers for psychology, I was hoping may Greenwich, goldsmiths. But a lot of unis I’ve looked at don’t do transfers for psychology :/
midwife2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
It depends how much of your degree you have already done. If it means that you have done the majority at your current univeristy then the new univeristy can't be the provider of your degree as they haven't provided you the majority of your education. When i looked into transferring i emailed the departments at the universities i was considering directly for a straight answer. It's always worth emailing them directly.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by j.bulan)
I was wondering if anyone knew any unis in london that take second year transfers for psychology, I was hoping may Greenwich, goldsmiths. But a lot of unis I’ve looked at don’t do transfers for psychology :/
Hello

I would contact the admissions team ASAP.

Will you be going into your second year when you transfer?

Are you just looking at a transfer in London? Or further afield? Universities have different regulations regarding transferring. It is normally likely though that you would be able to transfer after your first year, depending on your grades and the university you wish to transfer to.

All the best!

Andrew
Student Rep
j.bulan
Rep:
okay thanks I’ve just emailed some universities department leaders. Hopefully I get an email from them soon.
j.bulan
Rep:
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hello

I would contact the admissions team ASAP.

Will you be going into your second year when you transfer?

Are you just looking at a transfer in London? Or further afield? Universities have different regulations regarding transferring. It is normally likely though that you would be able to transfer after your first year, depending on your grades and the university you wish to transfer to.

All the best!

Andrew
Student Rep
hi, yes I’m looking to transfer for second year, I mean if other unis allow me to transfer earlier I wouldn’t mind. But yes I’m only looking for universities in london. I’ve emailed two universities to see what they say, but I know a lot of unis don’t take transfers for psychology. I didn’t think it would hard to transfer or have options to be honest
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Just be aware that many Unis were over full this year because of TAGs grade inflation. This means that the cohort going into the 2nd year will likely not have any 'spaces'. You might get lucky but dont hold your breath.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads