Attracted To a Male Friend

Watch this thread
Doomotron
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
First of all, let me make it clear that I am definitely straight. I am attracted to girls, and I do not find men attractive. However, there is one man - my best friend - who for some reason I am deeply attracted to. He is literally the only man I feel this way for, and I really don't know why. It could be because all the time I have spent with him over the past few years, or maybe I genuinely find him attractive and he's the exception to my straightness. I'd like to tell him, but I am scared of what he might think (potentially ruining a years-old friendship). I don't want to get married to him or anything, but I don't know if I should or should not do at least something. Advice?
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Nope - don't change the dynamics of a very good friendship. He may feel the same, but you never quite know.

Don't break what isn't broken. Perhaps one day when you are both in your seventies there might be a place or a time to say something. But not now.

Our best friends tend to be on our wave length. Think the same, behave the same. We can predict their reactions to stuff and we mutually admire each other, but for different reasons. You are the right fit together. Your friendship has the hallmarks of a lifelong friendship so as long as you don't kill the golden goose - just enjoy each others company and watch each others backs and enjoy life's moments as much as you can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (64)
16%
The paper was reasonable (194)
48.5%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.5%

Watched Threads