IBMS eligibility for registration

Watch this thread
Ribbon_tail_ray
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with assessing a non accredited degree by the IBMS? My B.Sc is completely unrelated to Biomedical Science. I am doing a M.Sc in biomedical science now, but if I get my B.Sc assessed before I finish, they will basically say I need to do a whole new bachelor degree! Theoretically, if they only suggested some modules, I could complete them with the same university I am enrolled at now, without paying anything extra.
If I wait until after I graduate from the M.Sc, I would not be able to do any add-on modules required, because I would no longer be a student, and would have to pay for each module individually.
Has anyone been in the same situation before? Is there any leeway from the IBMS? Any advice would be much appreciated, as I really don't know what to do.
It feels like you're being penalised for not knowing exactly what you wanted to do when you started university...
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
There's no leeway from the IBMS because fundamentally they're used as a quality standard for the HCPC to just that their registrants have the required knowledge. Any leeway reduces that knowledge and could allow graduates who don't have sufficient knowledge to enter the field.

Your MSc will not be a factor in the decision, not sure if you was thinking that as it was unclear. You can't use them to plug holes.

Are you sure your current University will allow you to complete them for free? That sounds quite unusual.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (224)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (227)
42.75%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.04%
It was TERRIBLE (32)
6.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed