The Student Room Group

Predicted grade change

Hey guys! Just found this forum which is amazing since I'm going through the 2022 UK to US uni application system too. I just had a quick question...
My A level predicted when I applied last year were A*A*A with an A* EPQ also and a Distinction* in Business studies (I wanted to take a BTEC as an extra to A levels since I ADORE Business hehe). These were based on my grades from October mocks.
The A grade is for Geography which I do externally separate from my school (so my school counsellor can't change the grade that has now been deemed an A* since I do this A level completely separately and my physical school are not in charge of this subject). The provider I do Geography through has marked my recent exams and now my predicted for this is A* and not an A since I have improved since the grades they gave last year. If they can't access the mid-year report or optional report on Common App, would they be able to write this as part of a 'recommender letter' option?

Thanks
Original post by niamhaliceee
Hey guys! Just found this forum which is amazing since I'm going through the 2022 UK to US uni application system too. I just had a quick question...
My A level predicted when I applied last year were A*A*A with an A* EPQ also and a Distinction* in Business studies (I wanted to take a BTEC as an extra to A levels since I ADORE Business hehe). These were based on my grades from October mocks.
The A grade is for Geography which I do externally separate from my school (so my school counsellor can't change the grade that has now been deemed an A* since I do this A level completely separately and my physical school are not in charge of this subject). The provider I do Geography through has marked my recent exams and now my predicted for this is A* and not an A since I have improved since the grades they gave last year. If they can't access the mid-year report or optional report on Common App, would they be able to write this as part of a 'recommender letter' option?

Thanks

The easiest thing is to send it directly to the Admission Counselors at all the Unis you’ve applied to, explaining the situation and adding your revised prediction.
In general US colleges don’t put too much stock in self-studied exams unless you’re home schooled, but it can’t hurt, though I suspect it won’t affect their decision much. GL
Original post by Anonymous
The easiest thing is to send it directly to the Admission Counselors at all the Unis you’ve applied to, explaining the situation and adding your revised prediction.
In general US colleges don’t put too much stock in self-studied exams unless you’re home schooled, but it can’t hurt, though I suspect it won’t affect their decision much. GL

Thanks so much- do you think it would over-complicate things to change the revised grade? It might confuse them since it's different on my transcript? I don't want to do it if it will harm my application through adding confusion. Not sure if my current grades are ok though or A*A*A then A* EPQ and Distinction* Business at A level? I also have lots of extracurriculars down so not sure whether to just be confident in my application and leave it or add in the revised grade. If it won't make that much of a difference it might over-complicate for the sake of over-complicating?
Original post by niamhaliceee
Thanks so much- do you think it would over-complicate things to change the revised grade? It might confuse them since it's different on my transcript? I don't want to do it if it will harm my application through adding confusion. Not sure if my current grades are ok though or A*A*A then A* EPQ and Distinction* Business at A level? I also have lots of extracurriculars down so not sure whether to just be confident in my application and leave it or add in the revised grade. If it won't make that much of a difference it might over-complicate for the sake of over-complicating?

Your grades are definitely good enough to get through the academic hurdle, with or without the latest grade. As for the rest, nobody can tell. There’s no harm in getting in touch with admission officers though, if anything it proves demonstrated interest… maybe just explain it concisely (very) and leave it to them. GL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending