Need help with my job cv statement

Watch this thread
anonymous7291
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am currently looking for a job and in the past I have applied to a couple and got rejected. I think my personal statement wasn't good enough I'm not entirely sure. I am applying for a retail job right now and I have volunteered at a library before. Would anyone give me some examples, tips or anything? Thank you!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
You've only made a couple of applications; that isn't enough to think about it being your statement. It could be any number of things on your CV, or just that there were people who were a better fit for the job due to qualifications and experience.

There's a CV help section, under 'advice on applying for a job' where you can get your CV reviewed.

There's plenty of examples online of how to write a CV. Make sure you tailor it for each job, it contains key words like organised, responsible for, planned, and that you put some meaningful numbers in there, such as raised x amount for charity, saved x% on stationery costs by finding a new supplier. Anyone can say in a statement that they are reliable, punctual etc; you need to give examples that demonstrate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (12)
13.64%
The paper was reasonable (42)
47.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
30.68%
It was TERRIBLE (7)
7.95%

Watched Threads