Year 12 predicted grades too late?

Watch this thread
Cyborg_26
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I am stressing for some reason about my predicted grades I am currently in Year 12 and it has been around 5/6 months since I've been at sixth form.

I recieved my first report card and I got the following grades :
E+ (chemistry) D+(Maths) and B+ (Biology)

i am aiming for A/A* predictions to apply for a competitive course such as medicine, will there be enough time to up my predicted grades to them?

Thanks
kk15405
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Cyborg_26)
Hi I am stressing for some reason about my predicted grades I am currently in Year 12 and it has been around 5/6 months since I've been at sixth form.

i am aiming for A/A* predictions to apply for a competitive course such as medicine, will there be enough time to up my predicted grades to them?

Thanks
Same here mate I bombed my mocks and im tryna do med
karolina.green
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Thanks
hi for sure there is time. this is just the start of year 12! what i would advise is to work extra hard for the year 12 mocks as well as any other tests. how it works in my school is that if u get an a at least one test you will most likely be predicted an a. hope this helps
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Thanks
There is still time. These report cards are usually based off of assessment data which at this point in time will probs be from topic tests etc so its unlikely you would be predicted say an A for example as there is insufficient data to suggest you are working at a grade A.

The assessments which will most likely have the most weighting/influence on your predicted grades would be any mocks you do in year 12 or your end of year 12 mocks. Now you may find that you will be doing 'mocks' in the spring term in year 12 but these will not be full AS papers, usually only 1 paper (well when I was in year 12 back in 2020 we did 1 mock paper in the spring term) and then you would do a full set of AS mock exams at the end of year 12.

Don't worry about your current report card grades, you still have time to improve, just make sure you keep up to date with work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads