The Student Room Group

Visiting home country during term breaks

Does Cambridge University allow international students to visit their home countries during term breaks? My country is like 12 hours away from Cambridge by flight.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes, as long as you get back before the term starts.
Reply 2
Original post by kodu
Does Cambridge University allow international students to visit their home countries during term breaks? My country is like 12 hours away from Cambridge by flight.

They probably can't stop you doing it.

But you need to bear in mind the risks of disruption to international travel -- if there's a new surge in infections, or a new variant of Covid that starts causing problems, it's entirely possible that countries will start closing their borders again, with flight cancellations, etc. You run the risk that you'll get to your home country and then find it difficult or impossible to get back to the UK again (or you'll get to the UK and then have to quarantine for two weeks).
Hi @kodu what you choose to do during your term breaks is completely up to you. Making time for and visiting family is important :smile: Just make sure to follow all the Covid travel guidelines, and there shouldn't be any problem. These are the guidelines to follow: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-air-travel-guidance-for-passengers , make sure to read it carefully and follow the advice given.

I wish you a safe and happy trip.

- Rosie

Quick Reply