The Student Room Group

A levels

I just would like poeple to share their experiences with A levels as I’m choosing mine now and I don’t know what I’d like to do when I’m older . I know I wanna go to Uni maybe for Law , science(physchology or bio based stuff) or even business but at the moment I’m finding gcse business boring and I don’t want to be stuck in a job that’s boring even if it makes me rich lol
Reply 1
Biology is a lot of fun. There is a crap tonne of content where the only way to approach it is to just buckle down and memorise it, which you may not find in some subjects. But ofc no one chooses biology because they'll think it'll be a piece of piss. The required practicals are a bit naff compared to the chemistry practicals.
Reply 2
Original post by Niahaf
I just would like poeple to share their experiences with A levels as I’m choosing mine now and I don’t know what I’d like to do when I’m older . I know I wanna go to Uni maybe for Law , science(physchology or bio based stuff) or even business but at the moment I’m finding gcse business boring and I don’t want to be stuck in a job that’s boring even if it makes me rich lol

Biology, English Literature and either Chemistry (for top top universities doing biology courses) or psychology (counted as the second science subject required for almost all universities when applying for a biology related degree) would be perfect ! English Literature is the best subject for law and then other two open up science options ! and two facilitating and many options left open :smile:
Reply 3
i wuld advise not t do bio or maths unless u need it fr law/psych dont need it-its fun llearning it but the exams are trash
i do bio chem sociology and dropped psychology at AS as i pesonally didnt enjoy it as content heavy
reccommend chem over bio do psych, biology and sociology
in my opnion if u please :smile:
Original post by Niahaf

What about doing Biology, physcology and maths? Would open you're doors to all/most of those courses as far as I'm aware but @artful_lounger.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
What about doing Biology, physcology and maths? Would open you're doors to all/most of those courses as far as I'm aware but @artful_lounger.

Might add some options, and I gather would be an excellent background for psychology, however many bioscience courses still require A-level Chemistry, especially the "biomolecular" type courses (e.g. biomedical sciences, pharmacology, physiology, biochemistry, genetics, etc). For courses that are more organismal/ecological in character A-level Chemistry is not always required if you have biology and ideally a second science/maths subject. However note that for many it is common to have to do module in first year covering that A-level Chemistry background, if chemistry wasn't taken to A-level in school. So it's really rather unavoidable unless it's a purely ecological degree...
Original post by artful_lounger
Might add some options, and I gather would be an excellent background for psychology, however many bioscience courses still require A-level Chemistry, especially the "biomolecular" type courses (e.g. biomedical sciences, pharmacology, physiology, biochemistry, genetics, etc). For courses that are more organismal/ecological in character A-level Chemistry is not always required if you have biology and ideally a second science/maths subject. However note that for many it is common to have to do module in first year covering that A-level Chemistry background, if chemistry wasn't taken to A-level in school. So it's really rather unavoidable unless it's a purely ecological degree...

I see.

Quick Reply

Latest