Do I need to get a job?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm in yr 11 and most people I know have weekend jobs. My parents are saying I need to get a job in the summer but do I really have to?
TheCommonRoomPod
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
yes loool
do you need to? Probably not. can you make it in live without getting a job this summer? probably

but if I was to advice you I'd say getting a job is valuable for a couple reasons
1. getting a job shows you the jobs you don't want to have for the rest of your life
2. the taste of money drives you to do well in your studies
3. it can actually do the opposite for you and make you realise I don't need to go uni, I can't just work and get an apprenticeship
4. most of you life will be working a job lool. if you get a head start now and do it smart you could set yourself up to be working with good pay and enjoyment whilst others start their career in jobs they don't like
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Unless you need the money, you don't have to have a paid job, but do find something, like volunteering, to give you some life skills and experience that will look good on your CV; words like organise, responsibility, cash-handling, customer service all look good on applications. And don't just do it for the summer, if you can balance the extra commitment with your studies longer-term.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by TheCommonRoomPod)
yes loool
do you need to? Probably not. can you make it in live without getting a job this summer? probably

but if I was to advice you I'd say getting a job is valuable for a couple reasons
1. getting a job shows you the jobs you don't want to have for the rest of your life
2. the taste of money drives you to do well in your studies
3. it can actually do the opposite for you and make you realise I don't need to go uni, I can't just work and get an apprenticeship
4. most of you life will be working a job lool. if you get a head start now and do it smart you could set yourself up to be working with good pay and enjoyment whilst others start their career in jobs they don't like
Ah aight ty lol
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm in yr 11 and most people I know have weekend jobs. My parents are saying I need to get a job in the summer but do I really have to?
Quite a lot of places dont take people on until they have left school (i.e. the end of june in year 11). After that, a little part time job wont hurt. It wil give you skills, experience, something to put on your CV etc, as well as the money.
In the mean time until you finish school you could volunteer somewhere, e.g. a charity shop.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads