How do you find housemates for 2nd year if really shy?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi. I'm in first year at Uni of Bham. I am really shy, a bit of a nerd, and haven't really made good friends yet. I need to find house mates for sharing accomodation next year and find this quite intimidating and a bit depressing if i'm honest. People i ask seems to be sorted already. Any advice welcome. Thanks.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. I'm in first year at Uni of Bham. I am really shy, a bit of a nerd, and haven't really made good friends yet. I need to find house mates for sharing accomodation next year and find this quite intimidating and a bit depressing if i'm honest. People i ask seems to be sorted already. Any advice welcome. Thanks.
Go to flatmate finding events. Your SU should run one.
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi

You're not alone in your experience, lots of students have found it harder to find potential housemates because of the pandemic. As Blue Cow said, the Guild of Students offers housemate finder events. If you go to the events page here https://www.guildofstudents.com/events/ and look at events in February you'll see there are quite a few! I went to one in my first year and it helped me find 2 of my second year housemates. Alternatively, you could ask in any course groups or chats you might have for your course to see if anyone is still looking for housemates or maybe there'll be a group needing to fill a spot in a house they've already found. There are always people looking for accommodation right up until the end of summer, lots of people will post in the Facebook group 'Fab N Fresh' about houses. You've still got lots of time to find yourself a place for next year, and I know lots of friends who have ended up with a lovely house and great housemates that they found late in the game.

Best of luck, Jude - 3rd year UoB student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (14)
32.56%
The paper was reasonable (18)
41.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (9)
20.93%
It was TERRIBLE (2)
4.65%

Watched Threads