The Student Room Group

Some of us are just doomed to be alone because of our looks and it sucks.

:angry:

Scroll to see replies

No, regardless of looks there will be a few people that do like you. There are too many people in the world for that not to be the case.
actually not necessarily. i sat next to this guy in science for about 1 year. he wasn't my type at first, but his personality was to die for. he was hilarious and when i sat next to him, i spent so much if the lesson laughing and i liked his company because of it. that's when i knew that i was starting to like him.
now that i have changed seats, i do miss him quite a bit
It’s all about personality, who you are as a person the way you act and behaviour and who you are from the inside of your heart if you have the personality there is no reason why you should be left to be alone. Someone that has the kind, polite and soft-hearted nature is better than someone who has the looks though doesn’t have the personality. Personality can never be beaten. I exactly feel the same as you right now to be honest. I can never forgive my ex for what she did to me.
Reply 4
Don't think so (despite being a loner) because it's not your looks aren't enough to make you doomed it's more about how you carry yourself and how you act with others that kinda determines the way you are seen.
I disagree that some people will always be alone solely because of their looks.
The majority of healthy and able-bodied people will be able to attract at least two hookups or potential dates open to having a relationship.
Even if they have criminal records or are known to be foul tempered and have zero work history/intention of earning an honest living.
Reply 6
Original post by Mohammed1000000
It’s all about personality, who you are as a person the way you act and behaviour and who you are from the inside of your heart if you have the personality there is no reason why you should be left to be alone. Someone that has the kind, polite and soft-hearted nature is better than someone who has the looks though doesn’t have the personality. Personality can never be beaten. I exactly feel the same as you right now to be honest. I can never forgive my ex for what she did to me.

Exactly
Reply 7
Original post by Mohammed1000000
It’s all about personality,

This is all BS man. All throughout secondary school, I was picked on because of my looks. Now all of a sudden at college, it's all about 'personality' and not my looks anymore. The truth is, as people get older they just become more disingenuous.
Original post by Anonymous
This is all BS man. All throughout secondary school, I was picked on because of my looks. Now all of a sudden at college, it's all about 'personality' and not my looks anymore. The truth is, as people get older they just become more disingenuous.

But is it our fault that we got created the way we are and that we are unique and special in our own ways though people have personal preferences can we be able to control that…

The question is more of did you have any friends back in secondary school cause I did and I lost all of them but it wasn't because of my looks it was more cause I was just having personal issues.
Sit down on a park bench or inside a shopping centre for a while and observe the people walking past you. You'll be amazed at how many people you see go by holding hands or pushing buggies who aren't in the least bit attractive - but clearly they're attractive to someone.

You don't need to be attractive to everybody. You'll meet someone (likely multiple) eventually who finds you attractive. If your looks aren't anything special, then a positive attitude and being a friendly and interesting person are the things that will get you in the door.
Can't suck if you're not human ygm
If Stephen Hawking can have a wife and even manage to cheat on her then I'm sure you're good looking enough to find someone lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Chicken.M.
If Stephen Hawking can have a wife and even manage to cheat on her then I'm sure you're good looking enough to find someone lol.

LOL
Original post by Chicken.M.

lol
Never mind a genius like Stephen Hawking.
What about Mick Philpott or Fred West’s son Stephen?
They have zero positives and bring almost nothing to the table but have still attracted multiple women, got married and had children with different women.
Plenty of hope for you OP.

Unfortunately this is the society that we live in. Don't listen to the people that say personality matters because the truth is that we judge other people's personalities based on looks, so physical attractiveness and personality actually go hand in hand. If you're a short ugly dude for example, no one will see any positive personality traits in you, no matter how nice, polite or soft-hearted you are, however if you are born with model looks, people will always see the positive in you, even if you have a criminal record. That's why for example there's plenty of both guys and girls that stay in relationships with an a****le that abuses them and never leaves them. They always see the positives in that person because they're attractive physically and consciously no matter how much they may think that the person is an a****le they still believe that he's a good person.

I understand that it sucks. People who are born with more attractive looks, e.g good facial structure and other things are more likely to be successful not only in relationships, but also in getting jobs. Our world revolves around looks and physical attractiveness. Some people on here may disagree but that's because they're probably gifted with good looks themselves.
Reply 17

A pretty face will only draw people to you. A good personality is what will keep people around you
Unfortunately this is the society that we live in. Don't listen to the people that say personality matters because the truth is that we judge other people's personalities based on looks, so physical attractiveness and personality actually go hand in hand. If you're a short ugly dude for example, no one will see any positive personality traits in you, no matter how nice, polite or soft-hearted you are, however if you are born with model looks, people will always see the positive in you, even if you have a criminal record. That's why for example there's plenty of both guys and girls that stay in relationships with an a****le that abuses them and never leaves them. They always see the positives in that person because they're attractive physically and consciously no matter how much they may think that the person is an a****le they still believe that he's a good person.

I understand that it sucks. People who are born with more attractive looks, e.g good facial structure and other things are more likely to be successful not only in relationships, but also in getting jobs. Our world revolves around looks and physical attractiveness. Some people on here may disagree but that's because they're probably gifted with good looks themselves.

Nothing short but facts, it's not just personality but looks too are what that abide people in the vicious cycle of loneliness.

While most sighted people are visual with some looks related dealbreakers & preferences connected to physical features, being tall is not the be all and end all.
So many high profile guys are shorter than the national average for their country of birth.
Alan Sugar, Aziz Ansari, Bernie Ecclestone, Bruno Mars, Danny Devito, Kevin Hart, Michael J. Fox, Peter Dinklage, Warwick Davis.

Quick Reply

Latest