Thread for mature applicants for 2022?

Watch this thread
Back2Uni2021
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey all, I can't see an official thread for mature students applying for university 2022...so, who here is applying to university this year and what are you hoping to study?
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hey

If any mature students are applying to Bradford and have any questions please do let me know!

Becky
Sherbet99!
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi Back2Uni2021,

Thanks for starting this thread, I would also like to hear from some other mature students.

I'm 42 and heading back to uni in September - yikes!! PGDip in Occupational Therapy at London South Bank.
Goobscribe
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi and thanks Back2Uni2021 for starting this thread, I keep going into the 2021 applicants thread and it's so frustrating!

I'm 34 and hearing to Staffordshire Uni for Mental Health Nursing in September!
Back2Uni2021
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Good to hear!

I'm 34 also, heading to a university (not sure where yet!) to study adult nursing this September
laurenlaura
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hey I’ve applied at Lincoln for Childrens nursing I’m 30 and have a group interview on March 4th x
jmeredith
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’m 24 (25 at course start) and have accepted a conditional place to study adult nursing at Wrexham Glyndwr University!
BECKY200000
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Im 36, finishing up on BA history , thinking about what to do next....maybe an MA
Last edited by BECKY200000; 3 months ago
HTSAPD
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
21 with an unconditional for Adult Nursing at nottingham but still waiting to hear from other places
Stacyjohn
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I am 40, heading to Chester Uni in September to study Adult Nursing.
LimeSoda0
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sherbet99!)
Hi Back2Uni2021,

Thanks for starting this thread, I would also like to hear from some other mature students.

I'm 42 and heading back to uni in September - yikes!! PGDip in Occupational Therapy at London South Bank.
Hi Sherbert99! I just got an offer for Msc in occupational therapy at south bank so we'll be on the same course! 😊Just wondering how you decided between PGDIP and msc because I'm now considering the differences between them
kerri87
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Goobscribe)
Hi and thanks Back2Uni2021 for starting this thread, I keep going into the 2021 applicants thread and it's so frustrating!

I'm 34 and hearing to Staffordshire Uni for Mental Health Nursing in September!
Hi I am doing the Operating department practitioner course September 2022. Mature student too (34). Just wondering if you have applied for student finance yet? As I’m having issues with the health science courses not coming up to select, even when I put the ucas code in.
Sherbet99!
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LimeSoda0)
Hi Sherbert99! I just got an offer for Msc in occupational therapy at south bank so we'll be on the same course! 😊Just wondering how you decided between PGDIP and msc because I'm now considering the differences between them
Hi LimeSoda0, congratulations on your offer! That's great to hear from a future fellow student.

I chose the PGDip, mainly because I have family commitments so I thought it would be more manageable. It's also cheaper. And, finally, the lecturers at the open day said it wouldn't affect my employment prospects in this country. However, I understand the MSC may be better if you want to work abroad. May be worth speaking with lecturers.

Exciting times ahead!!
LimeSoda0
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sherbet99!)
Hi LimeSoda0, congratulations on your offer! That's great to hear from a future fellow student.

I chose the PGDip, mainly because I have family commitments so I thought it would be more manageable. It's also cheaper. And, finally, the lecturers at the open day said it wouldn't affect my employment prospects in this country. However, I understand the MSC may be better if you want to work abroad. May be worth speaking with lecturers.

Exciting times ahead!!
That's good to know! I've always considered working abroad so think that will make the Msc useful for me. I'm really looking forward to starting and meeting everyone in September. Congratulations on getting your place by the way 😊
blackthorne
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm 38 and will be studying Classical Studies in Edinburgh
Nikkipstaffsuni
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I'm 39 and have a confirmed place at Staffs to do mental health nursing 👋🏻
UyaiPMO
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I’m 40, and have got a conditional offer with uni of Stirling. Hopefully heading back to uni in September, HRM.
nicknack50
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
52 and about to study nutrition BSc at either Chester or Bournemouth
robheslop91
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm 30 and not University this year, but I'm going to Newcastle College in September to do the Access to Nursing and Midwifery, so applying via UCAS to start in September 2023
NatD79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey,
I’ve been offered a place, which I have accepted at Brighton Uni to study adult nursing in September (I’m 43) anyone else doing the same? X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (3)
42.86%
As I expected (2)
28.57%
Harder (1)
14.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads