The Student Room Group

University applications

Is it true that most universities will not look at applications if they are sent off in January or on actual UCAS deadline for applications . As I was told the University of Winchester does this ? Can someone confirm if it’s true or false please ??
All applications will be considered equally if it was submitted before the UCAS deadline (6pm on the 26th January). It's up to the university to decide whether they will consider applicants who missed the deadline.
As hungrysalamander said, all universities have to give equal consideration to ALL applicants as long as they are submitted before the 6pm deadline on 26th January.
Reply 3
Thank you Willowtree98 just someone said that universities don’t look at late applications
Original post by Ruona Obar
Thank you Willowtree98 just someone said that universities don’t look at late applications

By late applicants that is meant by after the deadline date. It really does depend on the university and the course that you are interested in. RG and Oxbridge are highly competitive so it can be difficult to have an application accepted late however, its not impossible. Have you sent your application?
Who are Winchester told you this.
Student, teaching staff, who.
Reply 6
Original post by WILLOWTREE98
By late applicants that is meant by after the deadline date. It really does depend on the university and the course that you are interested in. RG and Oxbridge are highly competitive so it can be difficult to have an application accepted late however, its not impossible. Have you sent your application?

I have sent an application on Monday just gone I got an email on Friday saying they have received my application . I currently have one offer out of 5 of my university options
Congratulations! You'll be fine then. Good luck with your other offers.
Reply 8
Aww thank you and you too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending