The Student Room Group

it's all gone quiet on the bitcoins

the "value" of so-called "bitcoins" has halved since November.

the fanbois have gone rather quiet :teehee:

apparently even if you make a fortune it is very difficult to change it into proper money....

https://www.share-talk.com/i-made-4m-on-crypto-but-my-bank-wont-allow-me-to-spend-it/#gs.nh633g

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
the "value" of so-called "bitcoins" has halved since November.

the fanbois have gone rather quiet :teehee:

apparently even if you make a fortune it is very difficult to change it into proper money....

https://www.share-talk.com/i-made-4m-on-crypto-but-my-bank-wont-allow-me-to-spend-it/#gs.nh633g

BTC is a Ponzi scheme.
Reply 2
Original post by e2fWq30aZG
BTC is a Ponzi scheme.

people who got in 13 years ago did well. now it is just a quick way to lose money.
Original post by the bear
people who got in 13 years ago did well. now it is just a quick way to lose money.

That's how Ponzi schemes tend to go.
Reply 4
don't forget to let the taxperson know if you were lucky enough to make a profit. :h:

if you don't tell him/her then he/she will be in touch at some point to remind you :yep:
it is a big scam
Bitcoin's old hat.
Now, if you want a cryptocurrency that's really going places, you want RufCoin.
Simply go to the below website and put in your bank details: www.RufusTheRed.com/notascam/RufCoin/enterbankdetails/
Reply 7
Original post by Rufus The Red
Bitcoin's old hat.
Simply go to the below website and put in your bank details: www.RufusTheRed.com/notascam/RufCoin/enterbankdetails/

:rolleyes:
Reply 8
BTC is a Ponzi scheme.

Btc is just as much of a Ponzi scheme as the stock market at this point

And the stock market isn’t a Ponzi scheme
Bitcoin's old hat.

How many ruf coins can I get for 10 reps?
Original post by j25_8

Sure, buddy.
Original post by hungrysalamander
How many ruf coins can I get for 10 reps?

At least four-hundred-and-twenty-two.
But you'd better buy now as the value's only going up, up, up. :biggrin:
millennials - buy crypto
also millennials - reduce c02 and save the planet
Reply 13
Concept behind it is phenomenal when you look at it a blockchain system that Eth and many other cryptos are built on is not only here today but here forever..
As for bitcoin and crypto in general I think it was made just to get everyone used to the pure cashless system as already teased by The Britcoin I think it' will make it mainstream used by governments which then kills the whole idea of decentralisation.
Remember this post when it happens wether it be 5 years from now or 10 years from now were swiftly moving away from the swift system... :smile:)
Reply 14
Sure, buddy.

You seem like a mature and thoughtful person👍🏼
Reply 15
Bitcoin's old hat.

lazytown_oh_you.png
Original post by j25_8

Bitcoin is not a ponzi. Its a hedge against inflation. But more importantly Blockchain is the next internet frenzy. Ever heard what a smart contract is?
Original post by oci9
Concept behind it is phenomenal when you look at it a blockchain system that Eth and many other cryptos are built on is not only here today but here forever..
As for bitcoin and crypto in general I think it was made just to get everyone used to the pure cashless system as already teased by The Britcoin I think it' will make it mainstream used by governments which then kills the whole idea of decentralisation.
Remember this post when it happens wether it be 5 years from now or 10 years from now were swiftly moving away from the swift system... :smile:)

What we need now more than ever is young computer science students taking up Blockchain. Specially Rust. I work for a project launched on Cosmos. We develop smart contracts in Rust. I can tell you there is big opportunities for Devs to build dApps.
Reply 18
Original post by Highlander-Juno
Ever heard what a smart contract is?

Nah but I’m listening…
Smart contract is code wrote that can move, query, execute messages around networks, Verified by the blockchain. These messages could be calling a wallet that youd like to move funds from and send to another address to more complicated calls like executing a contract that will enable a investment from a AMM. smart contracts have endless possibilities.

Quick Reply