The Student Room Group

Medicine at Taylor's University Malaysia

Hey Guys!
I got accepted into the MBBS programme at Taylor's University in Malaysia and as I was doing my research I couldn't find many reviews about the course in particular. I know they started the Medical Faculty very recently only. So if anyone knows anything or If you're a student please let me know your views!
Hey, are you in Taylor's already? I am actually looking into doing my medical degree in Taylor's . If you don't mind can you share your experience during the interview with the faculty members . Thank you
Reply 2
Hey! yes, I joined already. So far everything is going good. Of course, we're on a very tight schedule once the classes start.
Your interview basically depends on which professor is taking it. Most of them are really nice, some might ask you a lot of science-based questions. But other than that, they ask you the usual general interview questions like why you chose medicine, etc.
Good luck with your interview! It's pretty chill so dw too much about it haha!
Following
Reply 4
Original post by nax2001
Hey Guys!
I got accepted into the MBBS programme at Taylor's University in Malaysia and as I was doing my research I couldn't find many reviews about the course in particular. I know they started the Medical Faculty very recently only. So if anyone knows anything or If you're a student please let me know your views!

Hi, I'm also interested in MBBS at Taylors and plan to apply for this march 2023. I'm scared for the interview as I just recently have passion in medicine. Can you give some tips for the interview? How many lecturers will be interviewing? is it in one session time or?

May I also know about the lecturer and the facilities there?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by raina 15
Hey, are you in Taylor's already? I am actually looking into doing my medical degree in Taylor's . If you don't mind can you share your experience during the interview with the faculty members . Thank you

hey, what intake are you going to join?
Reply 6
Original post by azibee
Hi, I'm also interested in MBBS at Taylors and plan to apply for this march 2023. I'm scared for the interview as I just recently have passion in medicine. Can you give some tips for the interview? How many lecturers will be interviewing? is it in one session time or?

Heyy, Don't be scared about the interview haha it's pretty chill. It's just one Professor who's gonna take your interview. Tips I'd say don't panic UK just speak your mind openly. They'll mostly ask basic questions only for the science part of the interview. Like I said most professors are very chill and nice so you don't have to worry much.
Reply 7
Original post by nax2001
Heyy, Don't be scared about the interview haha it's pretty chill. It's just one Professor who's gonna take your interview. Tips I'd say don't panic UK just speak your mind openly. They'll mostly ask basic questions only for the science part of the interview. Like I said most professors are very chill and nice so you don't have to worry much.

oh my, thank you so much! How was the lectures and facilities so far? is it good and helpful? I hope all the lecturers are also great!
what is the question that would be ask during the interview
Reply 9
The nature of the questions you'll encounter in the interview varies depending on the interviewer. While some may stick to conventional questions like why you're interested in pursuing this path, others may ask more science-based questions. In my case, I was asked chemistry-related questions during the interview.
Reply 10
Original post by nax2001
Hey! yes, I joined already. So far everything is going good. Of course, we're on a very tight schedule once the classes start.
Your interview basically depends on which professor is taking it. Most of them are really nice, some might ask you a lot of science-based questions. But other than that, they ask you the usual general interview questions like why you chose medicine, etc.
Good luck with your interview! It's pretty chill so dw too much about it haha!

Hello,
I also got an offer for this spring semester and I wanted to ask how is the course structure and how are you finding it? Is it super tough or do you find it manageable? I just wanna know how the uni is in general and if you recommend it for me. I am an international student so malaysia as a country will be a new for me. Hows the area? Sorry for all the questions haha i just cant find anyone else in medicine at taylors.
Thank you!!
Original post by malazzz
Hello,
I also got an offer for this spring semester and I wanted to ask how is the course structure and how are you finding it? Is it super tough or do you find it manageable? I just wanna know how the uni is in general and if you recommend it for me. I am an international student so malaysia as a country will be a new for me. Hows the area? Sorry for all the questions haha i just cant find anyone else in medicine at taylors.
Thank you!!

hey!! i’ve accepted an offer to the spring sem for mbbs! where are you from? i’ll see u if u do come here :smile:) but likewise i think the uni is really good and the place and environment is also amazing. the facilities ngl is top notch, and i know this because i did my foundation here for a year! cant say much about the structure but they already did give like the core subjects given for each sem if you’ve already seen it? but anyways update me!!
Reply 12
Original post by stargirl44
hey!! i’ve accepted an offer to the spring sem for mbbs! where are you from? i’ll see u if u do come here :smile:) but likewise i think the uni is really good and the place and environment is also amazing. the facilities ngl is top notch, and i know this because i did my foundation here for a year! cant say much about the structure but they already did give like the core subjects given for each sem if you’ve already seen it? but anyways update me!!

hello!! omg I'm glad I found someone who's going to join in the spring semester. Can you give me your socials so we can talk more privately? Do you have insta or something else?
yes!!! my insta is @/shi_xitesh hehe xo
Original post by malazzz
hello!! omg I'm glad I found someone who's going to join in the spring semester. Can you give me your socials so we can talk more privately? Do you have insta or something else?

yes!! my insta is @/shi_xitesh hehe xo
Reply 15
Original post by azibee

I got 50% of my interview biology based questions :”) it’s so different from Monash and IMU questions which are scenario based. I did not revise anything about my pre-u biology and I think I barely pulled it through. My experience were so so bad, I hope this will encourage more potential students into preparing for the interview. They will ask a lot of qs based on academics and previous study materials. They also asked about potential risks and hazards doctors face in workplace. It was so hard tbh… not sure if I would be accepted. However, the interviewers were very fun and chill although they are strict when it comes to academic errors and such. All the best everyone y’all can do it!

Quick Reply

Latest