Glasgow offers

Watch this thread
cowhill
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hey I applied to Glasgow early December and have an offer from everywhere else except them. does anyone know how long they typically take? I'm worried I've confused them because my personal statement was for English lit but I applied for Comp lit/English lit
L_030
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hey! my Friend applied to do English at Glasgow and initially they sent her an email saying they were prioritising Glasgow residents first. She has received an offer since, but it may very well be that they're still considering the Glasgow applicants first before looking at anyone else! Do not stress yourself however because they WILL get back to you! Maybe try to contact anyone who has applied for the exact same degree as you to see if they've gotten a reply?

Good luck!
asdfwert
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by cowhill)
hey I applied to Glasgow early December and have an offer from everywhere else except them. does anyone know how long they typically take? I'm worried I've confused them because my personal statement was for English lit but I applied for Comp lit/English lit
Hey! Are you a Scottish or an English applicant? I was given an offer back in October to study English lit as an English applicant but the email they sent did say they would only start considering English applicants after the UCAS deadline. The latest you'll hear back from them is May! Also, regarding your personal statement/course application Comp lit is essentially English, the only difference really is you compare lit with plays and movies etc so you're fine!
cowhill
Rep:
(Original post by asdfwert)
Hey! Are you a Scottish or an English applicant? I was given an offer back in October to study English lit as an English applicant but the email they sent did say they would only start considering English applicants after the UCAS deadline. The latest you'll hear back from them is May! Also, regarding your personal statement/course application Comp lit is essentially English, the only difference really is you compare lit with plays and movies etc so you're fine!
ah right that makes sense! thank you
cowhill
Rep:
(Original post by L_030)
Hey! my Friend applied to do English at Glasgow and initially they sent her an email saying they were prioritising Glasgow residents first. She has received an offer since, but it may very well be that they're still considering the Glasgow applicants first before looking at anyone else! Do not stress yourself however because they WILL get back to you! Maybe try to contact anyone who has applied for the exact same degree as you to see if they've gotten a reply?

Good luck!
thank you, I clearly didn't thoroughly read the initial email they sent. I know someone who applied to comp lit/french and has an offer so hopefully they'll get back to me soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (7)
31.82%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (12)
54.55%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (3)
13.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads