The Student Room Group

Never get approached by guys

I'm 17 years old and the last time I was asked out was when I was 11 and I said no :/ . I go to college try to blend in and also make new friends.
I'm definitely not ugly, I take care of myself (wears makeup, smells clean/nice) and am generally feeling pretty good about how I look.
But I've never dated before, or kissed anyone and it really makes me doubt myself.

I've had comments from girls/friends and some comments on the street where they might say oh you're 'pretty' but my crushes don't even want to look at me. It's like they can communicate with louder people, but I'm quiet and introverted so I feel like a ghost. It's almost like a lack of interest from the 2 people I like most.

I'm generally friendly, I always laugh and listen to what people tell me. Strangers don't talk to me and they don't even stare or look at me when I was in the shopping mall today. Is this normal?
Why would you want to be approached when you're 17? Guys don't approach unless it's in a setting where it's acceptable like a bar or nightclub, which you're not old enough to attend.
Here's a thought - why don't YOU approach guys?
I get the same well into my 20s I do get approached when I wear full makeup and a trendy outfit. I get approached by weird unattractive guys though. Around your age I got approached a lot by weird weird people so I don’t miss it at all. Best bet for being approached by decent guys your age will be on nights out when you turn 18. It won’t be now unless they’re older men you should avoid and guys your age wouldn’t be doing that yet it’s rare.
Original post by hungrysalamander
Why would you want to be approached when you're 17? Guys don't approach unless it's in a setting where it's acceptable like a bar or nightclub, which you're not old enough to attend.

that not really true. literally a new relationship every week in secondary school. do u think they approach eachother in bars and nightclubs.

but op it's pretty normal and you're only 17. alot of guys won't approach you because they think you may not like them. i'm like the opposite of you, alot of guys asked me out in college/high school. but that is since i app had a "flirty" personality and they thought i liked them, when i didn't. i just liked being friends with guys. if you have a crush show some interest or approach them first, and u might realize its completely different
Original post by Anonymous
that not really true. literally a new relationship every week in secondary school. do u think they approach eachother in bars and nightclubs.

You don't have to "cold approach" someone when you literally see them everyday at school. Cold approaching means going up to someone in public with the intention of getting to know them. Have you even read the OP? She specifically stated that she does not get approached by strangers in places like shopping centres. There's more to life once you realise the extent of the real world outside of school.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17 years old and the last time I was asked out was when I was 11 and I said no :/ . I go to college try to blend in and also make new friends.
I'm definitely not ugly, I take care of myself (wears makeup, smells clean/nice) and am generally feeling pretty good about how I look.
But I've never dated before, or kissed anyone and it really makes me doubt myself.

I've had comments from girls/friends and some comments on the street where they might say oh you're 'pretty' but my crushes don't even want to look at me. It's like they can communicate with louder people, but I'm quiet and introverted so I feel like a ghost. It's almost like a lack of interest from the 2 people I like most.

I'm generally friendly, I always laugh and listen to what people tell me. Strangers don't talk to me and they don't even stare or look at me when I was in the shopping mall today. Is this normal?

stop watching euphoria

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending