The Student Room Group

MPhil genomic medicine 2022 Cambridge

Just had an interview. anyone else applying? interviewed? accepted?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! yes, thinking about applying for this course. What did they ask you in the interview? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jg1000
Hi! yes, thinking about applying for this course. What did they ask you in the interview? :smile:

Sorry for the late reply, don't know if you had your interview already. Mine was just general stuff- about previous research projects, interests, why I want to do this course, very basic technical questions, etc., and I could ask the interviewer questions too about anything related to the course. good luck !
Reply 3
Original post by appy_99
Sorry for the late reply, don't know if you had your interview already. Mine was just general stuff- about previous research projects, interests, why I want to do this course, very basic technical questions, etc., and I could ask the interviewer questions too about anything related to the course. good luck !

Yep, had it a few weeks ago, and got an offer last week! looking forward to meeting you in Oct! Will be at St Edmunds - just have to wait for PAO to check the documents I uploaded
Reply 4
Original post by jg1000
Yep, had it a few weeks ago, and got an offer last week! looking forward to meeting you in Oct! Will be at St Edmunds - just have to wait for PAO to check the documents I uploaded

great! Look forward to meeting you too, and same, I'm waiting for my documents to get verified. I got into Homerton. Will be great if there's a whatsApp group or something for all of us to connect xD
Reply 5
Original post by appy_99
great! Look forward to meeting you too, and same, I'm waiting for my documents to get verified. I got into Homerton. Will be great if there's a whatsApp group or something for all of us to connect xD

Homerton looks good. It is far from the city centre, but quite close to the department.
I haven't seen any social groups yet, but tbh there probably aren't many students - maybe 15 or so on the MPhil, plus a few extra on the MSt?
Are you local? I'm from Australia, will probably be flying out last week of September!
Reply 6
Hi

I have got an interview next week. Any tips would be really appreciated
Hi there! I got an offer too. I am from Brazil. I am waiting for my documents too.
Reply 8
Original post by bbuuzz
Hi

I have got an interview next week. Any tips would be really appreciated

The above description of the interview by appy_99 was also my exact experience. It is a very informal interview. good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by lululu24naji
Hi there! I got an offer too. I am from Brazil. I am waiting for my documents too.

Congrats!!!! which college?
Reply 10
Original post by appy_99
That would be great, thanks😀 There are at least 5 of us from the course over here, there should more out there!

I'm still waiting for 2 of my documents to get verified btw, uploaded them a month ago:frown: they're taking forever and I've written to them, hope it's done soon so I can get started on the visa stuff
Reply 11
Original post by appy_99
I'm still waiting for 2 of my documents to get verified btw, uploaded them a month ago:frown: they're taking forever and I've written to them, hope it's done soon so I can get started on the visa stuff

Yeah contact PAO to check what is happening. One month is too long, mine only took about a week.
Reminder

For your own safety and that of others, do not post or request links to off site chat groups.

Keep all posts within Community Guidelines

Wilykit
Original post by jg1000
Congrats!!!! which college?

Don't know yet! They are still seeking college membership for me
Reply 14
Original post by Ajica10
Hello everyone,

I have an intervire this Monday for the present programme. However, I have been informed that my interview will last 10-15 minutes approximately. Did you guys have such a short interview? Is this bad news?

Mine was quite short. I can't remember how many minutes, but it was mainly the course coordinator telling me about the programme. He only asked 3 or 4 questions. And it might be different between MPhil and Mst too. Mine was the MPhil
Anyone know if there's a group chat for people starting Genomic Medicine??
Reply 16
Original post by KidDarkness
Anyone know if there's a group chat for people starting Genomic Medicine??

yep - messaged you.
Reply 17
Hello everyone! I'll be joining this fall as well. Please add me to the group chat.
Reply 18
Heyy! I'm starting in October too. Could I please be added to the group chat.
Reply 19
Hey! I'll be starting the program in October too. Could I please be added to the group chat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending