The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

DPhil in Law (Oxford, 2022)

Hi everyone,
I have created this post for fellow applicants for the DPhil(Law) programme at Oxford.

Scroll to see replies

I see we meet again @sdk123

So, info dump: the faculty of law apparently does not conduct interviews with Dphil in Law applicants ("Interviews are not normally held as part of the admissions process.")

Only Socio-legal applicants should expect interviews ("All applications will be reviewed in one gathered field after the application deadline in January, and interviews take place in February. If applicants have not been contacted for interview by mid-February they should assume their application has not been successful on this occasion").

In previous years, decisions were released from 12 to 21 of march in both programmes.
(edited 2 years ago)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by ninjaroundup
I see we meet again @sdk123

So, info dump: the faculty of law apparently does not conduct interviews with Dphil in Law applicants ("Interviews are not normally held as part of the admissions process.")

Only Socio-legal applicants should expect interviews ("All applications will be reviewed in one gathered field after the application deadline in January, and interviews take place in February. If applicants have not been contacted for interview by mid-February they should assume their application has not been successful on this occasion").

In previous years, decisions were released from 12 to 21 of march in both programmes.

Hi! Thank you so much for the information.
Reply 3
I know some one who got interviewed for the Dphil in Law program last year.
Reply 4
Original post by dlabz
I know some one who got interviewed for the Dphil in Law program last year.

It would be great if we could connect to the candidate for insight.
Original post by Miracleneeded
Also, any applicants to DPhil in sociolegal studies heard back about interviews yet? Starting to lose hope

No and no. Haven’t heard anything from oxford
Reply 6
I’m also waiting to hear back. Good to hear that I’m not the only one. My area is really niche with environment, climate change and net zero so we’ll see.
Hi all, another DPhil Applicant here. My research proposal is in international climate law and governance of the energy transition.
Hi. Applicant for the Socio-Legal studies programme. No news so far.
Got an email about the application survey. My heart dropped. 😩

Yeah, I just died here as well
Reply 10
Same - and I just laughed because there’s been no communication!
Is waitlisting a common practice? Or is it just outright acceptance/rejection?
The Oxford PG thread from last year indicates that most DPhil Law offers came in around mid-March.
Did any of you hear about interviews being conducted for the Dphil in law or socio-legal?
Reply 14
DPhill in International Criminal Law here. I got my rejection from Oxford last year around late March, so offers usually come out beginning to mid March
Reply 15
No I have not but I don’t think decisions have been made based on general feedback.
I saw that in 2021 sociolegal applicants who were shortlisted to be interviewed received invitations on the 18th of February. So I am assuming the timeline would be the same this year as well.

Where did you see that?
Reply 17
Oh! Trying not to panic.
I saw that in 2021 sociolegal applicants who were shortlisted to be interviewed received invitations on the 18th of February. So I am assuming the timeline would be the same this year as well.
Original post by ninjaroundup
Where did you see that?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6644214&p=93912488&page=87#post93912488 Check out post #1734. I just checked it was actually posted on the 17th of Feb.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6644214&p=93912488&page=87#post93912488 Check out post #1734. I just checked it was actually posted on the 17th of Feb.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending