(Repost) 2022 A level retake for LSE

Watch this thread
wmjlypa
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Sorry, my previous thread got banned so I reposted it.)

I had withdraw from my current program (UCL Population Health Science) and reapplied through UCAS for 2022 entry. My grades in 2021 were AAB for Maths, Accounting and Economics (TAG). I plan to retake Maths and Economics plus Further Maths and Business Studies in summer 2022. My predicted grades are A*A*A*A*+ A*in native Language and an achieved A in Accounting (total of 6 subjects). My question is that do I have a good chance to receive an offer from LSE accounting and finance (requires AAA, A in math). Because they said that they prefer students who achieved required grades in the first sitting. My other options are Warwick A&F, UCL SEF, KCL A&F, Manchester Finance. I believed that my reference and personal statement are above average. I didn't mention my previous study at UCL in my personal statement because I want to focus on my passion and past experience for Accounting and Finance.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by wmjlypa)
My question is that do I have a good chance to receive an offer from LSE accounting and finance ......
Because they said that they prefer students who achieved required grades in the first sitting.
No-one can predict your chances of an offer from somewhere as oversubsribed as LSE - especially as they have already said they don't like resits.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by wmjlypa)
(Sorry, my previous thread got banned so I reposted it.)

I had withdraw from my current program (UCL Population Health Science) and reapplied through UCAS for 2022 entry. My grades in 2021 were AAB for Maths, Accounting and Economics (TAG). I plan to retake Maths and Economics plus Further Maths and Business Studies in summer 2022. My predicted grades are A*A*A*A*+ A*in native Language and an achieved A in Accounting (total of 6 subjects). My question is that do I have a good chance to receive an offer from LSE accounting and finance (requires AAA, A in math). Because they said that they prefer students who achieved required grades in the first sitting. My other options are Warwick A&F, UCL SEF, KCL A&F, Manchester Finance. I believed that my reference and personal statement are above average. I didn't mention my previous study at UCL in my personal statement because I want to focus on my passion and past experience for Accounting and Finance.
Did you list your previous study at UCL in your education history?
wmjlypa
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I didn't do that in my UCAS application initially, but someone here reminded me, so I've sent an adjustment request to UCAS and they will add it for me ( also emails to notify the universities)
Last edited by wmjlypa; 6 months ago
wmjlypa
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Update on my application, I got rejected by Manchester Finance, however, I received offer from LSE A&F subjects to conditions (obtain grade A in either econ or business plus English language qualification). I am so happy since LSE is my dream uni and I still can't believe I got an offer from them.Good luck to everyone on their applications.
w123456
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey, Well done on the amazing offer. Was wondering if you could go over your personal statement and let us know how/what you wrote about as this is something I struggle with.Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads