The Student Room Group

Religious studies confusion

I'm a private candidate, studying religious studies online. I need help knowing if all the study material I've been provided is relevant for the 2022 exams. I have a funny feeling the website I've chosen to study has not updated its resources lately, I may be wrong, but If someone is curious, I've screenshotted all the material they've provided, and (to me) it does not add up to what the AQA specifications details on their website... Any help would be much appreciated!
(screenshots)
Original post by sidneyjackclarke
(screenshots)

It seems to follow this (based on the headings) : https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/rs/specifications/AQA-7062-SP-2016.PDF
(edited 2 years ago)
ohhh... I see. Would that mean my unit 3 and 4 (pic4) is actually section b and c for component 2 (page 9 aqa specs)?
ohhh... I see. Would that mean my unit 3 and 4 (pic4) is actually section b and c for component 2 (page 9 aqa specs)?

yes - they are covered page 14 of spec onwards (depending which Component 2 option you do)
I know I probably sound clueless, the website I am learning from really didn't offer much guidance. But does that mean then the Buddhism topic is optional, because the Christianity area (from where I'm learning) also covers The dialogue between Christianity and ethics, or is it mandatory to study both Christianity and Buddhism?
I know I probably sound clueless, the website I am learning from really didn't offer much guidance. But does that mean then the Buddhism topic is optional, because the Christianity area (from where I'm learning) also covers The dialogue between Christianity and ethics, or is it mandatory to study both Christianity and Buddhism?

ask the teacher
Original post by tinyperson
ask the teacher

lol I dont have one

I admit I am no expert on this spec, but based on the exam papers available and the spec, you choose 1 of those from Component 2 (either Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism Islam orJudaism (they're just listed alphabetically)). So if you're doing Christianity as the option, you need to make sure you're entered for that exam. Go through all the info here: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/religious-studies/as-and-a-level/religious-studies-7062 (i.e the spec, any Covid specific info, past papers, mark schemes, teaching resources etc.).
Original post by BlueChicken
I admit I am no expert on this spec, but based on the exam papers available and the spec, you choose 1 of those from Component 2 (either Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism Islam orJudaism (they're just listed alphabetically)). So if you're doing Christianity as the option, you need to make sure you're entered for that exam. Go through all the info here: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/religious-studies/as-and-a-level/religious-studies-7062 (i.e the spec, any Covid specific info, past papers, mark schemes, teaching resources etc.).

Okay, thank you! :h:
Okay, thank you! :h:

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest