The Student Room Group

How to revise? Mock grades + Computer Science Grade 4

I'm currently in year 11 and my mocks start on the 14th of February. I honestly don’t know how to start revising and many people around me haven’t started revising so it’s quite discouraging, but I really do want to start. These are my current grades that I got in my November mocks:

Eng Lit: 7
Eng Lang: 8
History: 9
Maths: 7
Physics: 7
Chemistry: 5
Biology: 6
Spanish: 8
Computer Science: 4

If anybody could help me on how to split up my time, revise efficiently and cover the specification well I would be really thankful. I'm honestly starting to get a bit nervous since there’s only a 100 days left, and my computer science grade hasn’t been picking up. Also, is there any hope that I could get my Computer Science grade to a 7?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by parlinkr
I'm currently in year 11 and my mocks start on the 14th of February. I honestly don’t know how to start revising and many people around me haven’t started revising so it’s quite discouraging, but I really do want to start. These are my current grades that I got in my November mocks:

If anybody could help me on how to split up my time, revise efficiently and cover the specification well I would be really thankful. I'm honestly starting to get a bit nervous since there’s only a 100 days left, and my computer science grade hasn’t been picking up. Also, is there any hope that I could get my Computer Science grade to a 7?

Past papers, past papers, past papers! ESPECIALLY for paper 1 considering that has alot of theory. This method allows you to see where you go wrong and how you can improve. I suggest using Craig N Dave's videos to revise areas you're struggling with.

Paper 2 may require some programming practice, I suggest talking to your teacher on how to improve (worked for me!!). I've also made flashcards for both papers and they've really helped.
Reply 2
Original post by Cowsforlife12
Past papers, past papers, past papers! ESPECIALLY for paper 1 considering that has alot of theory. This method allows you to see where you go wrong and how you can improve. I suggest using Craig N Dave's videos to revise areas you're struggling with.

Paper 2 may require some programming practice, I suggest talking to your teacher on how to improve (worked for me!!). I've also made flashcards for both papers and they've really helped.

Thank you so much for the response!! I'll be sure to go through past papers and make flashcards. I have some experience in programming in class but I just need to brush up on how to write pseudocode properly. I always find flash cards hard to write for some reason but I’ll give it a go! Tysm
Thank you so much for the response!! I'll be sure to go through past papers and make flashcards. I have some experience in programming in class but I just need to brush up on how to write pseudocode properly. I always find flash cards hard to write for some reason but I’ll give it a go! Tysm

No problem., just keep a consistent scheduele and don't burn yourself out (I made that mistake ages ago. I suggest working at least 3-4 hours per day, possibly having a rest day on Sundays. Be healthy!). You got this :smile:

bro I should be asking you how to revise
your grades are my dream rn

Forgot to add. If you're going to make flashcards, use colour and perhaps draw pictures and create mnuemonics to help you memorise things! They don't have to be the mona-lisa obviously, but something with colour can really help recall information.
Reply 6
Original post by Cowsforlife12
No problem., just keep a consistent scheduele and don't burn yourself out (I made that mistake ages ago. I suggest working at least 3-4 hours per day, possibly having a rest day on Sundays. Be healthy!). You got this :smile:

Thanks! Ive just been stressing out so far so I'll take that advice for sure haha. This helped me relax :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by username0606
bro I should be asking you how to revise
your grades are my dream rn

honestly im not really sure, i just paid attention in class and was able to scrape by without much revision. i recommend watching some videos online and talking to teachers if you can meet them at lunch time or after school to revise and go over your weak topics, that’s what’s helping me out the most rn

Quick Reply

Latest