Losing weight advice

Ok
So I'm really fat from my legs
I really wanna get rid of the fat but I'm not sure what helps the most
Cycling
HIIT
Strength training
Obv I'll control my diet
I dont wanna do strength training coz I jus want to be skinnyyy idc about muscle n that

Scroll to see replies

Ultimately it comes down to calories in & calories out.
Original post by mnot
Ultimately it comes down to calories in & calories out.

nah that's not true
Reply 3
Original post by Homicidaltrihard
nah that's not true

I'm afraid it is true.

As for the original post, if you don't care about muscle you don't need to strength train, but doing some kind of exercise will help. I mean, you could lose weight through calorie restriction alone, but exercise will burn more energy so you can get away with eating a bit more. Preferably it would be exercise you enjoy so that you're more likely to keep it up. Even walking is fine if you like walking. HIIT is not necessary. Some people will tell you it's the secret ingredient for weight loss but it really isn't, unless you genuinely enjoy intense exercise. As the first reply said, ultimately it comes down to calories in & calories out.
If you want to lose weight then do regular exercise. Take a healthy diet, eat green foods, drink plenty of water, and eat high fiber foods.
Reply 5
Original post by tecna
Ok
Cycling
HIIT
Strength training
Obv I'll control my diet
I dont wanna do strength training coz I jus want to be skinnyyy idc about muscle n that

You can't spot-reduce fat, so if you lose weight you might find it's other places that slim down; even walking will tone your legs, though. However, do you want or need to lose weight?

Saying you want to be 'skinny' is no help, to you or anyone else. How old are you, how tall, and what is your current and target weight?
Original post by Surnia
You can't spot-reduce fat, so if you lose weight you might find it's other places that slim down; even walking will tone your legs, though. However, do you want or need to lose weight?

Saying you want to be 'skinny' is no help, to you or anyone else. How old are you, how tall, and what is your current and target weight?

71 kg
I'm jus under 5 ft
I wanna get to 40kg or 35
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by tecna
71 kg
I'm jus under 5 ft

Have you looked at what is a healthy BMI for you? What have you based your figures on, because your target sounds too low?
Original post by tecna
Ok
Cycling
HIIT
Strength training
Obv I'll control my diet

Pilates?
Original post by Surnia
Have you looked at what is a healthy BMI for you? What have you based your figures on, because your target sounds too low?

According to my BMI
I'm currently overweight
Reply 10
Original post by tecna
71 kg
I'm jus under 5 ft

Your target weight would make you medically underweight. There's no way you could achieve or sustain that kind of weight in a healthy way. Assuming you're female, somewhere around the 50kg mark is far more realistic and healthy.
Original post by Kyri
Your target weight would make you medically underweight. There's no way you could achieve or sustain that kind of weight in a healthy way. Assuming you're female, somewhere around the 50kg mark is far more realistic and healthy.

But I'm also medically overweight 😔
Original post by tecna
Ok
Cycling
HIIT
Strength training
Obv I'll control my diet

well I think it is a balance between diet, caloric deficit, exercise and increasing metabolism. Obviously if you overdo, you will lose too much weight! Try a caloric deficit with running or jogging and beginner or intermediate exercises! should work. Also if you can boost your metabolism, it will help greatly! Take more proteins, drink lots more water and if you can tolerate, take spicy food like capsicum! these do normally boost metabolism. Also cold showers burn a lot of fat!
Reply 13
Original post by tecna
But I'm also medically overweight 😔

That doesn't mean you should go from one extreme to the other. Aim for what is considered a healthy weight for you height.
Original post by hereto help
well I think it is a balance between diet, caloric deficit, exercise and increasing metabolism. Obviously if you overdo, you will lose too much weight! Try a caloric deficit with running or jogging and beginner or intermediate exercises! should work. Also if you can boost your metabolism, it will help greatly! Take more proteins, drink lots more water and if you can tolerate, take spicy food like capsicum! these do normally boost metabolism. Also cold showers burn a lot of fat!

Cold showers burn a lot of fat? Do you have a source for that? I'm pretty sure if that was true, all the pro bodybuilders would be doing it when cutting fat before a show. I suppose your body will use some energy to try and get your body temperature back to normal, but just like all these fat burning "tricks", the energy burned is going to be so small it's not worth it.

Boosting metabolism is a good tip. The best, scientifically proven way to do that is to add muscle mass to your body. But the original poster doesn't want to do that which is fair enough, as it is a considerable commitment to do it properly.
Reply 14
Original post by tecna
According to my BMI
I'm currently overweight

What about your target weight, healthy range or under?
Thnx guyz I really appreciate the feedback
For me it isnt about achieving a target weight though I jus said 40kg coz i thought it would be enough
My main goal is to be skinnY
JusT wanna fit into nice clothes.
Reply 16
calories in vs calories out is the only way its going to work, however I wouldn't recommend calorie counting only because I think in teenagers it can easily lead to eating disorders, our brains are too fragile and prone to addiction.
try to pay attention to how you feel, you need to get into the habit of eating only when you are hungry and not when you are bored ect. I have found gum a good bridge for this, as I have that when i would otherwise be snacking without reason and it seems to occupy that bit of my brain.
try to replace your cravings, have some orange juice or dried fruit when you would normally have chocolate. candy canes have way less calories than other sweets. you will need to work hard to stop being dependant on those things.
replace fizzy drinks with the diet version, then to squash.
eat as whole as possible, vegetables, rice, beans ect. try to not go hungry for too long as this will make you prone to over eating. this will be hard work, but it should be more of a mental game than a physical one
lastly remember that this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix, treat yourself on special occasions and be easy if you have slow progress. its going to take time but you will see results and your body will get used to the changes
good luck!
Original post by alex495
calories in vs calories out is the only way its going to work, however I wouldn't recommend calorie counting only because I think in teenagers it can easily lead to eating disorders, our brains are too fragile and prone to addiction.
try to pay attention to how you feel, you need to get into the habit of eating only when you are hungry and not when you are bored ect. I have found gum a good bridge for this, as I have that when i would otherwise be snacking without reason and it seems to occupy that bit of my brain.
try to replace your cravings, have some orange juice or dried fruit when you would normally have chocolate. candy canes have way less calories than other sweets. you will need to work hard to stop being dependant on those things.
replace fizzy drinks with the diet version, then to squash.
eat as whole as possible, vegetables, rice, beans ect. try to not go hungry for too long as this will make you prone to over eating. this will be hard work, but it should be more of a mental game than a physical one
lastly remember that this is a lifestyle change not a quick fix, treat yourself on special occasions and be easy if you have slow progress. its going to take time but you will see results and your body will get used to the changes
good luck!

Thnxx 🤗👍😭it's so tough to lose weight though.
Reply 18
Original post by tecna
Thnxx 🤗👍😭it's so tough to lose weight though.

it is, it will get easier though. Im 5'9 and was 82kg 6 months ago. i've lost 6kg since then and am still losing weight (although i've hit a bit of a stop). I go to the gym most mornings and eat well and although its been slow its just my life now, i'm never going back to how I was. lifestyle change in action, even thought the weight loss was slow i'm so much fitter and healthier not only physically but mentally. my plan is to lose 5 more kg then stop, but I don't think I will change anything Im doing as I like living like this.
Original post by alex495
it is, it will get easier though. Im 5'9 and was 82kg 6 months ago. i've lost 6kg since then and am still losing weight (although i've hit a bit of a stop). I go to the gym most mornings and eat well and although its been slow its just my life now, i'm never going back to how I was. lifestyle change in action, even thought the weight loss was slow i'm so much fitter and healthier not only physically but mentally. my plan is to lose 5 more kg then stop, but I don't think I will change anything Im doing as I like living like this.

Aww
So happy 4 u
Hopefully it works out 4 me as well

Quick Reply

Latest