The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Postgraduate Decisions

Why does UCL take so long to make decision? I applied in October and i'm still waiting to hear back from them. Is it a good thing that i haven't heard from them yet? I've read somewhere no news is good news as UCL usually sends out rejections faster than they send out their offers.
I think this is a normal amount of time to wait. When I was applying I'm pretty sure I heard back from KCL in around January as well (I got an offer) so maybe it's just a London uni thing lol
(edited 2 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I don’t know if this is normal but omg… I applied back in November and not having any news is very nervre-wrecking!! Which course did you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by Babycakes5
I think this is a normal amount of time to wait. When I was applying I'm pretty sure I heard back from KCL in around January as well (I got an offer) so maybe it's just a London uni thing lol

But its so frustrating!!! I have a few offers from other universities and i cannot accept them till UCL makes a decision.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t know if this is normal but omg… I applied back in November and not having any news is very nervre-wrecking!! Which course did you apply for?

Oh i applied for Msc Prosperity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. I've gone through some previous records of UCL and now i'm thinking is it a possibility that they're not replying because the course is no longer being offered? Or maybe does not have enough students to offer a course? This is a commonwealth shared course for which I've applied and its so annoying that they haven't gotten back or made a decision yet.
Reply 5
Original post by SHA1415
Oh i applied for Msc Prosperity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. I've gone through some previous records of UCL and now i'm thinking is it a possibility that they're not replying because the course is no longer being offered? Or maybe does not have enough students to offer a course? This is a commonwealth shared course for which I've applied and its so annoying that they haven't gotten back or made a decision yet.

I've also applied for the same program in mid Jan and got no news. Any update on your side?
Reply 6
Original post by Hannane
I've also applied for the same program in mid Jan and got no news. Any update on your side?

Hello, I'm so glad to have found someone who applied for the same program!.. I received my offer on 3rd february. Hope you get one soon! UCL usually takes time to make a decision especially for our course atleast that's what they told me. If you don't mind me asking where are you from and what's your academic background?
Reply 7
Original post by SHA1415
Hello, I'm so glad to have found someone who applied for the same program!.. I received my offer on 3rd february. Hope you get one soon! UCL usually takes time to make a decision especially for our course atleast that's what they told me. If you don't mind me asking where are you from and what's your academic background?

Congratulations! 🤩 Happy for you. So decisions for this program are more time consuming! Thank you for letting me know. Are you going to accept your offer/already accepted or plan to do another course?
I am from Iran, studied psychology.
Any interview for this program?
Reply 8
Original post by Hannane
Congratulations! 🤩 Happy for you. So decisions for this program are more time consuming! Thank you for letting me know. Are you going to accept your offer/already accepted or plan to do another course?
I am from Iran, studied psychology.
Any interview for this program?

Hi Hannane, there wasn't any interview in my case and yes the admissions department is taking time for this program. I have accepted my offer. I hope you receive an update soon.;
Original post by SHA1415

I believe that course has enough students. Here are the stats from last year: https://www.admissionreport.com/university-college-london/msc-prosperity-innovation-and-entrepreneurship
Reply 10
Original post by SHA1415

I got mine on the 8th of February, same course !
Original post by Hannane

Hi Hannane, have you got the decision from the MSc Prosperity yet? I've applied in January and got no news too.
Reply 12
Hi Hannane, have you got the decision from the MSc Prosperity yet? I've applied in January and got no news too.

Nothing yet! :dry:
I'm thinking maybe asking for an indication or a time frame to hear back will be helpful. I'll share their hint here, if got any!
Reply 13
Original post by SHA1415
But its so frustrating!!! I have a few offers from other universities and i cannot accept them till UCL makes a decision.

same. any updates? my status is still under assessment :frown:
Original post by Hannane
Nothing yet! :dry:
I'm thinking maybe asking for an indication or a time frame to hear back will be helpful. I'll share their hint here, if got any!

Got my offer 3 days ago! Is there any group chat for MSc Prosperity's offer holders?
Got my offer 3 days ago! Is there any group chat for MSc Prosperity's offer holders?

Congratulations! :clap2:
I am still waiting for a decision. When did you apply?
Original post by Hannane
Congratulations! :clap2:
I am still waiting for a decision. When did you apply?

Thank you! Hope you get your offer very soon too :smile: I applied (with all references) on the 24th of January.
Hi! I've also been accepted to MSc Prosperity. Wanna connect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending