wellbeing or whatever

Watch this thread
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago

wellbeing (or whatever)
previous goals :
Spoiler:
Show

(added 2/2)
do more art
sleep for at least 8 hours and wake up at a reasonable hour
drink more water
eat food when i'm hungry
no bigger goals at this point, because i struggle more with getting little things done than accomplishing grand things.

(added 2/13)
i'd like to start exercising more
read !

(added 2/21)
care for my retainers and all bc i don't have braces anymore and im really really good at losing things
organize my music better. i've wanted to do this for a while its just always seemed like a big project. might be a march thing.

5/24/22 - goals update

I've been finding it hard to set goals because I already set them day to day in my head (finish this essay / join this extra curricular / learn this concept) and kind of assume I'll meet them and writing them down here feels pointless. And other goals I have are a lot vaguer and high effort (Learning a large skill on my instrument, learning more Chinese, etc). I'm generally not bored and I don't have a ton of free time that I'd like to fill, nor do I feel like I generally have a lot of energy left to dedicate to doing another thing, so setting these goals also feels pointless because I know I'm not going to meet them.

I do think I'll get worse about drinking water + sleeping over summer break, and I'll have more free time. I also want to use it to manage my summer work and other projects I work on over the summer.

Gonna set the "be more active" goal again for the summer, but I want to think more about what I'd like to do.

I probably won't be focusing on reading so much, because I already have to read multiple books as part of summer work.

goals :
1. Eat 3 meals a day

2. Drink 50 oz of water

3. Keep up with plan for dinner work

4. Keep up with *activityg*

5. Fill a good chunk of my sketchbook

6. Do some more bookbinding

7. Go to bed by midnight and wake up by 8

8. Be more active, generally, over the summer

9. Work on organizing my music.

10. Continue with journaling

art posts :

read/watch list :
Spoiler:
Show

The Gospel of the Rauschmohstrum

Upright Women Wanted

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

The Bell Jar

On The Road

Wurthering Heights

Fun Home

The Prince
Corpus Christi

---

Cowboy Bebop

Fleabag

Our Flag Means Death

Midsommar
Last edited by 64Lightbulbs; 1 month ago
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
2/2/22

going for bulleted lists bc easy

-i didn't drink like any water today which sucked. im going to write that down so i remember to drink water tomorrow

-i didn't eat breakfast the morning and i was really hungry today. im going to have cereal tomorrow

-i fell asleep trying to do homework, because i fell asleep yesterday trying to do homework and had to stay up later to finish it in time. this weekend im going to try and correct that so it doesn't keep cycling. right now i want to prioritize and go to bed at a reasonable time.

-i had fajitas for dinner which was v good

-i took a couple of competitive tests today, and i think i did pretty well on both.

-i watered my plants

-i am going to put on some tv idrc about in the background and bang out the last bits of an essay thats due tomorrow.

-if i have time and i'm not exhausted i'm going to reply to my texts + emails

-if i still have time i would like to draw more angle creature things in my sketchbook or read some more of that book i found about collage techniques
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
2/3/22

- i really didn't get anywhere near enough sleep last night. i don't know what else to do besides try again tonight

- i haven't had a chance to move around/exercise recently bc pe has really slowed down and its been freezing cold. its also been pouring for the entire day so i really should have had this revelation a week ago. I'm going to try and find soemthing more active to do

- i haven't been practicing my baritone enough recently. i'd like to do that this weekend

- i washed my hair today

- i ate 3 meals

- i thought i looked kinda masculine today but like nothing changed w/ my appearence it was just nice.

- i'm going to bs an assignment really quick and then maybe listen to music and draw/read
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 64Lightbulbs)

no idea what the structure of this is going to be
i might post about weight and disordered eating on here so warning. i think thats it.
goals :
do more art
sleep for at least 8 hours and wake up at a reasonable hour
drink more water
eat food when i'm hungry
Hey! Welcome to the wellbeing blogs! Looking forward to seeing more of your updates
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
2/4/22

- still haven't been getting enough sleep. its the weekend tho!

- technically i probably didn't drink enough water but like. i don't feel dehydrated atm so im counting it as a win

- i did some mixed media art today! im going to post it next

- didn't weigh myself last night which was driving me insane but im fine now and i don't feel guilty so . #blessed or whatever

- its my grandpa's birthday next week so we're going to get breakfast with them tomorrow morning.

- had food from school that tasted like a dog treat. this isn't a positive or a negative i just wanted to mention it.

- i don't understandmanipulating e atm so i have to figure that out this weekend

- im in like 4 different arguments rn and i can't tell if its like an unhealthy coping mechanism but i really like arguing with people.

- i want to practice my instrument this weekend as well

- i need to find acid free glue
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
art!
a little body horror ish. also eyes.
Spoiler:
Show
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
2/5/22

- meals were weird. nothing bad, i had a lot for breakfast and it messed with when i usually eat yk

- i did more art <3 i drew some kirbies and a funky angel (?) guy. also added a table of contents to the end cause i forgot

- worked a bunch on the packet. its taking way longer than it has to cause its a 30 page packet and i have to read like 80 pages for it, and its just really tedious to complete

- i saw a bunch of different family and it was nice <3 i missed my grandma :/

2/6/22

- did laundry and changed my sheets, but i didn't fold it. tomorrow im going to hang up my important shirts and shove the rest of it in drawers.

- almost finished the packet. i have like 2 pages left

- did more art! i drew a beluga whale that i want to paint in eventually, and i also drew a sunflower/angel guy. i might post the whale when i'm finished

- did research and took notes for an essay (barely. i have to write a page) i've been procrastinating on it so this is good. some of it is really interesting and i found some cool books on the names native american tribes gave to the area i live in, and the history of different spellings of the place i live being changed and changed back for different reasons. i can't give too much detail cause it would give away where i live.

- i washed my hair today

- i drank lots of water !!

- i need to pay more attention to meals on the weekends cause i always forget to have them or cba to make something i actually want

- i have been sleeping <3 i should have gone to bed by now but i procrastinated on that essay :/ goal for tomorrow is 10:45

- i want to start doing more embroidery but monday + tuesday are going to be busy. i think i need to make plans for sunday

- i watched the nascar race in the coliseum (on tv) and it was fun
Last edited by 64Lightbulbs; 5 months ago
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
2/5/22

- meals were weird. nothing bad, i had a lot for breakfast and it messed with when i usually eat yk

- i did more art <3 i drew some kirbies and a funky angel (?) guy. also added a table of contents to the end cause i forgot

- worked a bunch on the packet. its taking way longer than it has to cause its a 30 page packet and i have to read like 80 pages for it, and its just really tedious to complete

- i saw a bunch of different family and it was nice <3 i missed my grandma :/

2/6/22

- did laundry and changed my sheets, but i didn't fold it. tomorrow im going to hang up my important shirts and shove the rest of it in drawers.

- almost finished the packet. i have like 2 pages left

- did more art! i drew a beluga whale that i want to paint in eventually, and i also drew a sunflower/angel guy. i might post the whale when i'm finished

- did research and took notes for an essay (barely. i have to write a page) i've been procrastinating on it so this is good. some of it is really interesting and i found some cool books on the names native american tribes gave to the area i live in, and the history of different spellings of the place i live being changed and changed back for different reasons. i can't give too much detail cause it would give away where i live.

- i washed my hair today

- i drank lots of water !!

- i need to pay more attention to meals on the weekends cause i always forget to have them or cba to make something i actually want

- i have been sleeping <3 i should have gone to bed by now but i procrastinated on that essay :/ goal for tomorrow is 10:45

- i want to start doing more embroidery but monday + tuesday are going to be busy. i think i need to make plans for sunday

- i watched the nascar race in the coliseum (on tv) and it was fun
PRSOM! Nice update - great to see progress that you're making - you're doing great
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
4 days and no tag? Rude.
( nice updates though )
Last edited by Foxehh; 5 months ago
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
2/7/22

- forgot to update yet again

- i rlly like how my project for art class is turning out atm

- i got like enough sleep. kind of.

- pasta <3 and homemade meatballs

- I really need to clean my room but there's so much stuff that shouldn't even be in here that its all a little overwhelming. idrk what to do at this point. Maybe this weekend Ill find time but :/

2/8/22

- end of the trimester is coming up which is a little stressful cause all my assignments are going to be due soon

- have to get service hours in!!

- slept in like 2 blocks last night which isn't feasible but it was interesting *insert biphasic sleep model rant here*

- i have a scheduling conflict tomorrow that's rlly stressful

- i have an assignment that involves presenting to the class and its scary as hell in a way i'd like to write out just to organize my thoughts. if i do ill delete it afterward tho

- today was cookie day !

- literally more pasta. leftovers for dinner and ended up getting it for lunch.

- this is blog is all becoming less coherent goal-wise but tomorrow im going to attempt to pick like a corner of my room to work on

- depending on what homework is like I might practice my baritone.

- i am going to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour tonight which is nice.
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
Spoiler:
Show
XX
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
- I really need to clean my room but there's so much stuff that shouldn't even be in here that its all a little overwhelming. idrk what to do at this point. Maybe this weekend Ill find time but :/
I have a solution :flute:
:console: about the presentation. Memorizing and practicing is good but dont let yourself overthink it. Im sure you'll do fine!
Last edited by Foxehh; 5 months ago
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
haven't updated in a while bc i fall asleep before i remember :/

2/8/22

- cannot remember anything about today except that I filled up my water bottle and drank enough water

- i weighed myself today and had a not so great time about it. I'm not going to go into detail but it made me feel like **** and i'm writing that down so that next time i'll think about it and decide not to.

2/9/22

- got my invisalign attachments taken out and it ****ed with my gums which sucks but its nice to have them gone

- also got a bunch of candy

- had to miss something important for the appointment which sucked

- did some work on the assignment that was stressing me out

2/10/22

- found out that i lost a competition today which is disappointing

- posted some art in a *mystery place* and got really cool feedback

2/11/22

- got like 8 hours of sleep the night before, but mostly on accident. I turned my light off and then I woke up.

- i got some coronations and i got some for other people which was cool

- i drank a lot of water and was rlly productive when i got home, but i had to be out doing stuff from like 4-6 and by
the time we got home and had dinner it was like 8. i was exhausted and i hadn't been sleeping well all week so i slept for like 12 hours from 8a-8p. dreamed i did some stuff that i actually didn't which was very confusing.

- freaked out about the assignment again in class today and didn't get much done.

2/12/22

- i really have to coordinate some peer feedback that's due on the assignment soon bc its due tuesday. (i did)

- i woke up at like 8 and had to leave at like 8:30 and didn't get back till 1 so i didn't eat/drink enough this morning,

- but i was fine when i got back and had lunch. The goal is to go to bed at 11:00 tonight.

- I cleaned most (like 75%. enough so that if i don't get anymore done its good enough, but I'd still like to finish the last bit)

- Might do some more art if i have time (lies. i didn't.)

- I have a math + geo assignment that I'll probably do tomorrow, and I want to practice my instrument today (also a lie. i watched olympic hockey and snowboarding instead)
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
2/13/21

- got a good amount of stuff done and started a new project

- my room is clean enough which is yay!!

- emotionall im like rlly ****ed off which i think is cause im stressed abt that assignment.

- i have a couple of things i have to remember to do tomorrow, and i have to make lunch in the morning

- i slept enough last night, but i didn't drink as much water as i wanted to so i have some by my bed rn

- made a brownie in a mug whcih was <3

- my sister is struggling with her weight bc she simply does not eat and i have weird feelings about that im not going to go into detail with, but im gonna think abt it and work on it ig? just generally correct weird thoughts yk

- got to do a bunch of different crafty stuff, and hung out with a group of people for a few hours and didn't hate it the entire time because i wasn't dehydrated/hungry/tired the whole time. aka i do better emotionally when i remember to fulfill my basic needs

- i feel like i've gotten better at the basic goals so tomorrow its going to be below freezing when i have free time so imma try some of that power yoga **** cause its actually fun. regular yoga's boring :/. if i don't sleep on the bus imma try and do some reading too
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
2/14/22

- Started a presentation project in math and the topic me and my partner got involves logarithms in computer science. I think algorithms and stuff are really neat and we never use them in my actual compsci class but im happy to learn about them in math? plus slideshows are fun to make

- I have been eating and drinking enough, and i can't remember the last time i got a headache cause i was hungry/thirsty, and that used to be really common. Now i drink water bc i think "oh yeah i'll have something to write about" not necessarily the best motivations but it works yk.

- i did not exercise like i said i was cause i was (and still am) tired as ****. there's just not enough hours in the day to be fully rested + do all the stuff i need to do

- I got like 7-8 hours of sleep last night though!

2/15/22

- I have an art project due 2/17 which i am not close enough to finishing, and it will be the end of the grading period. I could went in during free block to work on it Monday, and I'm not misusing my class time, so i'm not too stressed about it because there's literally no other times for me to work on it. It's not like i can take it home bc we're painting

- My chinese teacher read us a story

- I got retainers :dong: They hurt so much :woohoo: and there's stupid piece covering the roof of my mouth that makes talking feel ridiculous. The invisalign did not hurt this much to wear, but the invisalign + these should be the same shapes?

- Also got like 8 hours of sleep. Im not ridiculously tired anymore which is nice but it's always "too early" in the morning, and after like 9 at night im barely awake.

- I did my presentation i was stressing about. :/ had to leave afterwards and take a walk/go to the bathroom cause i rlly wasn't sure if i was going to cry/freak out. combined with the retainers hurting + hormones, emotionally im having a bad time. this is not an accomplishment i didn't grow out of a fear of something i just put the **** up with it and now i feel like **** unnecessarily.

2/16/21

- Woke up at like 4:30 cause my teeth hurt and took out the retainers. When i put them back in the bottom ones were scraping against my gums. One part like pushes at a piece of my gums as it goes on, but part of it is just sharp so i finally filed that down. hopefully itll callous or something soon.

- I remembered to drink water with meals

- having body image issues. i feel gross. no further comment lol

- mainly an overreaction, but everything is so much harder to deal with when you're in pain so i cried like twice bc the idea of having something be permanent scares me. aka having to deal with retainers permanently scares me. its irrational ik cause like. brushing my teeth. showering. etc. are all basically "permanent". but w/ever

- I did more reading today which was nice.

- Still working on that math project. Not far enough done but not worryingly behind.

- if my teeth don't chill out and stop hurting an insane amount by like 11 im taking a benadryl and an ibuprofen and seeing which helps first.

- got info on course selection for next year so i gotta figure out how to take every course offered simultaneously again. :rolleyes:
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
2/17/22

- uh. well. what happened today?

- took some tests and did fairly well on a few of them.

- no longer worried abt that art project bc she extended the deadline

- had an oatmeal cookie

- i literally remember nothing else. i don't think i slept enough

- watched a movie in chinese class which was a nice break

2/18/22

- i went ice skating which was fun !!!!

- ****ed up my morning and forgot like 3 different things which was. stressful. and i didn't drink enough water which made everything worse

- still need to record some stuff and email it to a teacher

- ****ed at my bio teacher bc there was an assignment we had to do and then she had to check it to make sure we did it right and could move on to the second part. and i ****ed up the first part and showed it to her and she checked it like twice and said it was good so now i have to redo the whole thing for hw!!! fun

- didn't get to present my math thing which was frustrating but expected yk.

- i slept for like 10 hours. <3

- finally finished my book which i'm really proud of! tbh the book kinda sucked. the author tried to make it very open ended but it didn't really work, and the characters "fulfilled" their goals, but if you think about it they didn't really? they're just like slightly better people in their heads with no meaningful impact on their lives cause they all died right after. the dialogue also kinda sucked.
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
further rant on the book cause i have things to say !

character a wanted to reunite his family and find his sister who ran away after coming out. and he eventually found his sister but he didn't reunite his family. it just kinda sucked for him cause his parents were *****y to her and he had to choose. like yeah he was looking for his sister but i think the author forgot why.

character b wanted to find her dad who she never met and didn't know she existed bc her mom was schizophrenic and in the hospital and asked her to right before she was admitted to the hospital. her dad was actually character c's pos dad who was cheating on his mom and gambled their savings away. hes also dead. she got absolutely no closure and left her mom + best friend behind to search for a dead guy who never knew or cared about her, and wouldnt have cared about her if he was alive. and then she died. woohoo.

character c was like suicidal and wanted to not be homeless, and he had a crush on this other guy who's little sister had cancer and was in the hospital. he did some scam artist **** before realizing he shouldn't, trying to fix the scummy **** he did, and finding out he had a half sister. his mom was mad at him for running a scam, but they made up and asked him to finish up some stuff and then spend some time with her before the end of the world. he also finally wanted to live? he made up with his crush tho and the little sister was in surgery and then didn't die which was good! except they literally all died right afterward and character c never went to see his mom.

at the end of the book the little sister just points out a rlly bright light which is supposed to be ambiguous bc aliens were coming to kill them all, but no one knew how. so technically bright light could be the aliens coming to fix Earth or it could be them all dying. but it's kind of a stretch to interpret it as anything other than them all dying bc the book ends right after that, and the book ****ing sucks if everyone dies at the end. the main idea is just "there is no point in trying bc you'll eventually die" rather than "there's always a chance to do better" the book still sucked even if they didn't all die because they all spent what they thought was their last week alive doing more or less pointless **** and then aliens had to come fix everything for them. still a rather "trying is pointless" message

sometimes books where the ending is ambiguous are good (like the giver. the whole idea was that he finally escaped, it doesn't really matter how he did that) but this one sucked.
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
2/19/22

- slept so much after ice skating it was great tvh

- did not drink enough water but i wasn't significantly bothered by it so :dontknow:

- ate three meals and all that jazz

- did some art <3 used markers on the other side and had to repair it bc they bled which was frustrating

- i prob shouldn't share but i might make another post abt it

- got some hw done as well and i'm going shopping today
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
art!

beluga whale guy <3
Spoiler:
Show
64Lightbulbs
Rep:
2/20/22

- slept lots but also rlly late. nbd tho because its an off day

- went out and did a thing (as in exercise)! can't go into detail or else everyone will know where i live :/

- found some new shoes i like, and my pressed flowers came out well they just need to dry a bit more. might end up sticking them in the microwave, we'll see

- did not drink enough water

- ate three meals and all that

- going to the library tuesday bc i want to get some more books

- we were playing a game and basically 2 people make things and then the other 2 people vote. and my dad like ****ed up and got ****ed at me over something he shouldn't have and instead of like apologizing he voted for me in the next round. dunno. men are weird.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (2)
22.22%
Take a gap year (1)
11.11%
Resit my exams (3)
33.33%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (1)
11.11%
I don't know yet (1)
11.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads