The Student Room Group

wellbeing or whatever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foxehh
Yay April, nice goals! :rave:

I used to do the bold, making sleeping something to look forward to is the key. Try ASMR, listening to music or training yourself to remember your dreams.

:woohoo:

that's a good idea. asmr has never done anything for me though :frown: it just gets boring.
🪐

4/6/22

Got grades back on both the tests, and I did well on both

Did get to run back in forth a bunch in some *******ization of cricket

Drank enough water

Slept mostly fine (12-6)

4/7/22

Didn't drink enough water

Slept fairly poorly (2-6)

Made a collage. I couldn't get the composition quite right so it turned out kinda **** but whatev

Have not been doing the page a day thing. I might keep going with that next week

Did some physical activity too

4/8/22

Did not drink enough water

Went to see an art show which is honestly the best thing <3 saw my grandparents and aunt too :biggrin:

Started the first few pages of my book

Got some flowers to press a week ago and I checked on them and they're flattened well, but still a bit damp

Got to do more work with chalk in art today :smile:

4/9/22

Watched planet of the apes and won a board game (team game) that we've never been able to before

Had a kinda **** day for personal reasons, and I'm coping with it poorly.

Might do some more reading later tonight

Caught up on p much all my hw, but I still need to do laundry. I might make another collage or draw something later too

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll probably post a bunch of art

Took a walk in the park today which was nice

Song :

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
4/10/22

Decided to use social media/screens less bc there's other stuff going on in my life rn that makes it easier anyways. Trying to do it without defaulting to never speaking to anyone again :/ it's probably good for me long term but short term it's hell bc I obsess over my thoughts and I usually just spam them into lptphw and keep personal/important ones.in my notes app. Spent an hour last night "journaling" (god that sounds cringe :redface:) and filled like 8 pages in a composition notebook.

Slept from 11 to 6!!!!!! :woohoo:
Falling asleep ****ing sucked though. This is hard :frown:

Drank maybe 35oz. Looked at a few other people's blogs and realized I'm the cringe American who doesn't know how milliliters work

Read for 45 minutes
(edited 2 years ago)
🪐

4/11/22

Got to go to a cool new place (don't want to doxx myself tho lol)

Had some rlly good Chinese food

My stomach has been bothering me bc of anxiety ig, but it's still more difficult to eat

Drank enough water

Slept 10 to 6

Did a bunch of walking

I was doing so good :frown: but I broke my streak with that habit

🪐

4/12/22

Forgot my water bottle so I was very dehydrated today :frown:

Slept 10 to 6

Felt like ****. Its kind of embarrassing, but social media and generally doing stuff on the internet was a crutch to avoid thinking myself into the spirals that make it all compound

Did some exercise in pe today. Might do something else in a bit.

Aiming to do more art in a bit

Song :

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
🪐

4/13/22

Slept 11 to 6

Did a bit of drawing. I want to work a bit more on it but idk if I'll do it tonight or tomorrow. I didn't do anything else last night. Hopefully I will tonight?

Didnt drink enough water but I don't feel dehydrated

Did some physical activity and moved around yk

Read around 20 pages on the bus?
🪐

4/14/22

Took a big test today and I did pretty well I think :>

Drank enough water

Slept 10 to 6

Listened to some music :smile: I've been trying to not have access to my phone when I want to be sleeping (and usually an hour or so beforehand to read/draw/etc), but I do like listening to music so Ive been meaning to get a cheapo mp3 player

Did a little bit of reading, and I'm going to the library Monday

🪐

4/15/22

Slept 11 to 11:30 :redface:

Drank enough water

Got to move around a bit :smile:

Cut out some magazine people that I'm probably going to draw and then paste into my sketchbook. Hoping to do 2 or 3 tonight

It was humid and a bad pollen day so my breathing was all ****y :/ did make me think I was dehydrated and drink extra water so ig that was good lol
Woke up this morning and first thought was "ah ****. I have a blog"
🪐

4/16/22

Had family over

Did some chalk? Art technically lol

Drank enough water

Weeded dandelions out of the garden, and hung around outside for an hour or two bc it was really nice out

Worked on one of the projects.

🪐

4/17/22

As the traditional christians we are, we did barbeque for Easter dinner

Watched the new doctor who episode <3 so glad to see yaz is queer now

Worked some more on that project

🪐

4/18/22

Eating was all ****ed today. I really want to set goals about that on here besides eat 3 meals a day, but I also don't want that information public. I don't even know what goals I'd set tbh. If I knew what was wrong I'd ****ing fix it

N e ways. Uh. I drank enough water and tried to work a bit on that project but my phone was being weird and deleted my work twice.

Went to the library today and got a collection of Allen Ginsberg's poetry and a ya lit book. Pretty sure it's a mystery. Going to return the Dave eggers book bc I simply could not get into it. Plot was predictable (aka I read the plot summary on Wikipedia bc I couldn't find an actual teaser for it) and I had no motivation to keep going with it

I really like the poetry so far, haven't gotten to how yet. Read the first 20 or so but I got to psalm ii which is rlly long and decided to pause lol

Did some more art bc portraits are fun, most recent one is a picture I found of ginsberg making a funny face. Gotta find a poem to put a quote from in with it

Started doing some review. I got through around half of the course description

And I taught myself double crochet :biggrin:

🪐

4/19/22

Worked some more on the first project, more than a third of the way finished. Planning on doing a bit more work after posting this

Got a bunch done on the second project. I have plans for when I want to finish up the rest of it

Need to make a card for a birthday coming up

Worked on some water colors with actual watercolor paper. I have a book on different techniques I've been taking notes on, and I tested out a few of them and practiced a couple different types of washes and basic shading on a sphere. For a first attempt it's not bad (aka it is kinda bad but I was trying) but I'd really like to do landscapes or portraits or something eventually

Might do some more reading later tonight

Tomorrow I have to practice more of that one piece on my baritone. I'll probably run through the simpler piece and the other melody section in the more complex one

Got some physical activity in :smile:

Did more review. Got through the rest of the course description and the theories. I have a list of more specific topics I need to review, and the rest of the week will probably be general review/practice questions :colonhash:

Did not work on summer job stuff like I meant to ://

Took a bunch of art photos I just need to upload them all and put them in. Have to to go through like 9 extra steps to do that bc of Circumstances™️ I'll do that when I work on job applications ig.

Aaand I drank enough water
Not updating because because. But look at my crochet !!

Top is herringbone which is modified double crochet that zig zags, left is popcorn which is single crochet that you put a bunch of double crochet stitched I to so it bubbles like that, and right is crossed stitches, which you skip and then go back to so it makes an x shape

Also post 69 lol
- I am 9 days behind and not at all interested in catching up, writing an end of month post, or creating an April spreadsheet
- i don't have any good goals rn. I've been eating normally, I haven't been keeping track of my water, but I haven't had headaches or cramps bc of being dehydrated in a while
- I've been busy lately and reading and art just happens when it happens. It's also a pain to upload images from my phone
- I've been sleeping better for various reasons
- basically I don't have any useful goals to track on here
- i might come back for may, but I need to come up with something to actually write about
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
- I am 9 days behind and not at all interested in catching up, writing an end of month post, or creating an April spreadsheet
- i don't have any good goals rn. I've been eating normally, I haven't been keeping track of my water, but I haven't had headaches or cramps bc of being dehydrated in a while
- I've been busy lately and reading and art just happens when it happens. It's also a pain to upload images from my phone
- I've been sleeping better for various reasons
- basically I don't have any useful goals to track on here
- i might come back for may, but I need to come up with something to actually write about

Tag me in any updates, I want to make sure I don't miss them! Keep going if you think of any useful goals :dumbells:
(edited 1 year ago)
**** not updating i need people to look at my pretty pictures

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
5/24/22 - goals

I've been finding it hard to set goals because I already set them day to day in my head (finish this essay / work on this extra curricular / learn this concept) and kind of assume I'll meet them, so writing them down here feels pointless. And other goals I have are a lot vaguer and high effort (Learning a large skill on my instrument, learning more Chinese, etc). I'm generally not bored and I don't have a ton of free time that I'd like to fill, nor do I feel like I generally have a lot of energy left to dedicate to doing another thing, so setting these goals also feels pointless because I know I'm not going to meet them.

I do think I'll get worse about drinking water + sleeping over summer break, and I'll have more free time. I also want to use it to manage my summer work and other projects I work on over the summer.

Gonna set the "be more active" goal again for the summer, but I want to think more about what I'd like to do.

I probably won't be focusing on reading so much, because I already have to read multiple books as part of summer work.

I plan on posting regularly again in June.
(edited 1 year ago)
[scroll]🍄 June 🍄[/scroll]

6/1/22

Goals 1 + 2 : Ate 3 meals, did not drink enough water

Goals 3, 4, + 5 : i haven't had all of my summer work assigned yet but do i have a vague to do list started, and the projects are on that list

Goals 6 + 7 : for art-related stuff i want to do more detailed shading and values when i do portraits because i tend to do contour line drawings well but after that i stop. i'd also like to try more with oil paint again bc i've got them and i've never done anything serious with them. i need to find good portrait references and some how to videos for all that. theres also a few drawing exercises and stuff that would be interesting and useful that i'd like to get references for.
i'm currently looking at what i'd like to do for bookbinding. and i've had a few books in mind, and i'd like to make another or rebind my journal because it's boring atm.

Goal 8 : a bit different at the moment bc school hasn't ended but overall i've succeded in the spirit of the goal

Goals 9 + 10 : i have a list of physically active things i enjoy doing and im going to try and keep them in mind more when i have free time, and theres a few things im going to incorporate into routines. will update the original post soon

Goals 11 + 12: still gotta break down the music goal... in my journal which, for goal 12, has been going well

im reformmating the icons + such on my phone and i think it counts as a goal so i'm adding that as a goal for 4-6 business days. will post pictures when im done bc itll be cool

@BurstingBubbles im back btw!! i thought you might want to know :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
6/2/22

Not going to format everything the way i did yesterday, just wanted to lay out the starting points for all my goals :smile:

Ate 3 meals, did not drink enough water. just haven't been thinking aobut it.

Summer work should all be assigned by June 6

found a few references, been working on collecting how tos in my free time bc i really dont feel like doing art

slept 11-6

further reformmated phone icons <3 and got a cool case
6/3/22

Ate 2 meals (skipped breakfast :/)

Going to drink another cup of water in a second but basically drank enough

texted someone about making plans to work on something

going to set some weekend study goals :
- spend an hour reviewing for my bio final, skim the study guide
- do the practice questions/topics I listed out to prepare for my math final
- review MLA formatting requirements for my english final
- if I have extra time, create a quizlet with my compsci vocab

slept 10:30 to 6

Got to do cool art stuff :biggrin:

fancy home screen formatting that took me forever <3

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
6/4/22

Did finals studying

2 meals :redface: again

Made some plans related to one of the goals + summer jobs

6/5/22

Did finals studying

Planted pumpkins !!! Babies <3

Had 2 meals
(edited 1 year ago)
6/6/22

Finals :frown:

Drank enough water. The headache I had was bc i was sick so it don't work lmao

Ate 2 meals

Did literally nothing else because I had a terrible headache and just wanted to sleep

6/7/22

Finals :frown:

Drank enough water. Got a pretty good grade on my biology final considering I was in like 7 types of pain and didn't study at all besides minimal review that morning

Took lots of ibuprofen and slept done more

Ate 1 meal. Felt sick at breakfast. Felt sick at dinner. Made myself eat lunch so I wouldn't have even more problems

6/8/22

Did really cool stuff and accomplished something I've been working on for 9ish months that's rlly important to me. Can't give a ton of details about it because it would doxx me.

Felt generally bad still but was absolutely not going to miss the **** I had plans for. Took more than the recommended amount of ibuprofen and went to sleep at like 9.

Ate 2 meals

Classes are officially over and I'm happy with my grades (except for the one class the teacher forgot to give me a grade in for the semester... It's pass fail so.. ://)
(edited 1 year ago)
I don't feel like being repetitive so note to self is unless otherwise specified i only had 2 meals and drank enough water

6/9/22

it was... thursday. i remember nothing about thursday. i was sick and probably slept a while

nvm I also got my hair cut and im v happy with finally lol. no 2 month period of growing it out a bit so i can fix it afterwards

6/10/22

friday also was who knows. yeah.

i think i did structured physical activity type stuff but i dont remember what.

6/11/22

drank enough water.

rode my bike for the first time in a while.

i think i did about a mile, but i didn't keep track. it was much harder than it used to be :redface:

6/12/22

we got a dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his name is scooby doo and he is a silly little boy :biggrin:

and i went out with a friend for her birthday <3

6/13/22

went to the library but can't find my library card :angry: so i don't have the books i want to read, but i do have most of my summer reading books. one of them is like 13$ and i refuse to spend that much money on it.

started reading the first summer reading book, got through about a quarter

started my crochet project. making a sweater/vest/shirt/thing? hopefully.

saw my grandma too :smile:

6/14/22

what a surprise but puppies don't come housebroken :colonhash: every 45 minutes he has to go out or I have to clean something up. :blech:

got through another quarter of my first summer reading book

wrote an essay for a competition that i think was pretty okay. i might use parts of it for a college essay had ice cream with pineapple in it <3. idk what else

6/15/22

did not do any summer reading, but i did work some on my crochet

did some work. like work u get money for. yk

organized my music some, and found a website that helps u do it through spotify

got my report card and i'm happy with my grades :smile:

6/16/22

did some core exercise stuff (I don't really know what the point was it just looked interesting) and did a mile on my bike. took about 10 minutes for a mile. which is terrible tbh (10mph is average, and 6mph is ... :redface:) but i'd just done core exercises that were :dong: and also did not think "hey, i should keep track of how long this takes me" and start trying until halfway through.

still going to use it as a base reference to start with bc itll feel cooler when i improve :yep:

had a bad day generally. eating wise and idk. it's been building up for a while and it was bound to happen sometime. eventually i went "wow this sucks I'm not going to do this" i have no patience for myself when I eat weird once im tired.

finished the last half of my summer reading book. I still want to practice some stuff for band this week

did more work on my crochet but scooby keeps trying to eat it. i balled up the yarn cause it was a mess

also organized my music more
(edited 1 year ago)
Didn't update for 2 weeks but we don't have to talk about it. Updates today :redface: might just do q general update on my goals instead of day by day cause atp I can't remember
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending