The Student Room Group

uni

I am currently in my final year of sixth form (year 13). I haven't applied to university as I wasn't sure about going. Now I want to apply but I feel like it's too late. Can i perhaps still apply?
Reply 1
You can try.

However you could be eligible for clearing, which takes place in the Summer period.
Original post by vminleviackamona
I am currently in my final year of sixth form (year 13). I haven't applied to university as I wasn't sure about going. Now I want to apply but I feel like it's too late. Can i perhaps still apply?

Yes you can apply, but universities don't have to consider your application. Therefore it's best to contact universities that you're interested in and ask if they are still accepting applications for your proposed course.

Hi there,"The deadline for all 2022 applications to be received by UCAS is Thursday 30 June 2022" -https://www.prospects.ac.uk/applying-for-university/getting-into-university/how-to-apply-for-university.
So you should still have time and there's always the option of going through clearing in September. All the best.

Lee-UoP Student Rep

Yes, I applied to unis in March and got one offer on the same day. Tho, I ended up applying for adjustment, I got a place at a top uni 20 uni. "Equal consideration" doesn't matter as much as they make it out to (Unless ur going for oxford or Cambridge) good luck!
Original post by iQuestionNotAnsa
I ended up applying for adjustment,

Ajustment no longer exists - all 'I've got these grades, will you take me?' enquiries are now through Clearing.

Go on UCAS Search https://digital.ucas.com/search and find the courses you are interested in - use the 'Filters' (top left hash-like symbol) and scroll down to pick 'courses with vacancies'. Then PHONE each Uni to check that each course is actually still 'open' and taking applications as courses can now close without notice. Then apply quickly.

Make sure that you have a range of grade requirements in your 5 choices -
1 or 2 - 'risky' choices - just above your predicted grades - one grade and not in a vital subject
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending