The Student Room Group

Am I right to be angry with my mom about this?

My sister didn't want to go to school today and she isn't sick, however my mom just let her have the day off with no questions asked. Back when I was at school I know she would never have let me have a day off just like that when I confronted her about she said just to grow up. I realise school isn't the most fun place to be but we all have to do it unfortunately.
i have a similar issue with my sister. My mother justifies it as "she would just fake nausea at school and get sent home anyway". I think its bs, tbh. she made me go to school even if i had a cold.
Parents learning to parent better :confused: Let her know you're upset about it a little and that in future, if you need to, you hope she'll let you have the same privilege and take the day off :smile:
Original post by zetasigma
Parents learning to parent better :confused: Let her know you're upset about it a little and that in future, if you need to, you hope she'll let you have the same privilege and take the day off :smile:

or maybe convince her to stop giving your sister free days off. either way works out, no?
Yeah I agree with your mum. Stop trying to cause trouble. :smile:
Not your circus, not your monkeys. There could be many reasons your mum let her have the day off that you may not know about. Just mind your own business.
Parents evolve in parenting too. Its okay to be a little upset about the free passes that you didn't get, maybe tell your mom about it and ask her if she could extend you some free passes too. But this is definitely not something to hold over your mom.
You are entitled to feel how you feel.
I know what it feels like, being treated differently to your other sibling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending