The Student Room Group

Resistors connected to amplifier

Hi! Help please.
I have only practised combining resistors (parallel and series) in the ordinary circuits with a voltage source etc. For example I know that resistors are in parallel if both ends of the 2 resistors are connected to the same node...or/and you can go round a closed loop with no other elements apart from the 2 resistors. I just started learning about the amplifiers and in this video he says the resistor Rf and Rin are in parallel.. I'm so confused, why? Are there different rules for resistors here or am I lacking in something fundamental about how these amplifier circuits work? Video suggestions are welcome :smile: thank you in advance :biggrin:
The resistors in an op amp circuit like that probably aren't doing what you think they should. There's a lot of strange assumptions you need to make about the op amp in order to understand.

I would suggest this as being (IMO) a good video introduction to op amps (it's 50 mins long)

Reply 2
Original post by Joinedup
The resistors in an op amp circuit like that probably aren't doing what you think they should. There's a lot of strange assumptions you need to make about the op amp in order to understand.

I would suggest this as being (IMO) a good video introduction to op amps (it's 50 mins long)

Watching it right away. Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest